Help me please, I am confused O.o

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Sappy White
Soldier

Help me please, I am confused O.o

Post by Sappy White »

Hello all, I'm new and loving the demo of IG ( Definatly going to get the game).
8)
But lets get to the point. As I am a RTW player I find it hard to get used to this kind of warfare, guns and cannons, and was hoping for someone to explain me some things.

For instance :

What is the columm formation for? Except for marching and a good way to get rid of your troops I don't see the use of it. anyone care to enlighten me? :|

The line formation, well I understand it's to optimise firepower of your musketeers but does it have other uses?

The square formation, apart from fending off charges, does it have any other uses? :yes:

And last but not least, when do you call in a charge? And what kind of formation should I use when charging? :x

Thanks in advance :yes:
War is not about dying for your country, it's about making your enemies die for theirs.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Square formation is only handy when cavarly charge or will charge a unit. You can put a square formation on your flanks. So you can hold of cavarly charges.(flanking) I dont know what the use of collum is, maybe if you are going to charge with a infantry unit, hand to hand combat? But in the demo you have 3 formation, but i have heard there will come more in the full game.

When calling in a charge? I think charing was not really used in history. They are really weak in hand to hand combat. Charging is only when you think it is nessesary
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]