Annoying Problem w/ Canons

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Sieur_Drewry
Soldier

Annoying Problem w/ Canons

Post by Sieur_Drewry »

Whenever a canon shoots and hits the ground, there is just this annoying black square. Is this a graphics problem? It runs everything else fine
Silkysnoop
Soldier

Post by Silkysnoop »

Black square for me sometimes but I think that might be how it is not sure though.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Really weird :eek: Maybe it is your driver? Or something. You can install the demo again.
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
Sqall
Soldier

Post by Sqall »

Never have any black squares from me.
Sieur_Drewry
Soldier

Post by Sieur_Drewry »

I fixed it but I installed a new graphics card... Im not sure why it did that on the old one which was the ATI Radeon 9200 128 bit AGP. The new one is Nvidia 5500 AGP 256 bit and it works fine on best settings
Flying Scotsman
Soldier

Post by Flying Scotsman »

I also have a Radeon 9200 , and the cannon balls create black squares for me. My buddy has a Nvidia card and his doesn't, is it just the graphics card? :?
Silkysnoop
Soldier

Post by Silkysnoop »

I have the 9200 also it does the same for me
Sieur_Drewry
Soldier

Post by Sieur_Drewry »

Yup its the 9200, you need to get a new card. They MIGHT realize this problem as 9200 isnt exactly a card no1 has heard of. But i upgraded to a 256 nvidia Geforce FX AGP and it works super fine now.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

It could be a (driver) problem that is already fixed in the final version. So hold your horses before buying a new card.