Well u have Generals and what do u have for ships...

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Well u have Generals and what do u have for ships and stuff? A flagship or sumthing? admirals? Or just fleets u can create by putting bloats 2getter?
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Good question, i dont know, maybe some of the staf know it. :yes:
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Hello gentleman,

How about the 74 gun ships of the line? They were two deckers and the two deckers in the game are frigates? What gives?

:roll:

The moderators really need to take a look at this. I was under the impression when the demo came out that the two gun decked warships were 74 gunners and the 3 deckers 100 gunners with statistical differances to account for the damage they could take and give out with theirr broadside.

The frigates were not 2 decked ships like that ! It's unbelieveable to think 100 gun 3 decked warships would be the only line of battleship used, this would be foolish as the 3 deckers moved like elephants that needed their 2 deck companions to compliment them and support them in an offensive way in the line of battle, a frigate could not hold up in the line of battle.
Only as reconasaince.

I can understand, to a point, the generalization of ship types to be secondary to the land combat so it seams. But TANF and or Eideos needs to not be cheap with us and give us a few shabby models, we need some accuracy here folks. C'mon..Share your thoughts guys, this is meant as consructive critisism only. The game looks great and I can't wait, but this is really bothersome to the navy crowd. You know who you are and you KNOW what I'm talking about.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

caesar01 wrote:But TANF and or Eideos needs to not be cheap with us and give us a few shabby models, we need some accuracy here folks. C'mon..
caesar01 wrote:You know who you are and you KNOW what I'm talking about.
I didn't know we are a part of the development team!! :D
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

My bad,
I'm certain I would be better off if you were considering the good imput from the forum. :mrgreen:
What do you guys have to say about this. I mean, if there could be a way we could subdivide the ship classes like this, just like in Age of Sail 2 and Age of Sail 2, Privateers bounty:

Ship of the line:

1st Rate 136-100 guns (Fleet flagship, 3 decker) Devestating broadside, good speed like the smaller ships of the line, but slower turn rate, depending on design some as good as a 74 gunner, ie: French, English Sir Tomas Slade designs. HMS Victory, HMS Calledonia, Ville De Paris, Santisima Trinida

2nd Rate 98-90 guns (also a 3 decker, squadron commander, division Flagship) Devestating broadside, slightly less powerful, same speed but more agile. Customerily a "Flagship at stations abroad like Nelsons' Neptune in Trafalgar and Dreadnought of 98 guns and in Canadian waters of Halifax.

3rd Rate 80 -74 guns ( 2 Decker mulipurpose ship of the line) These being the fastest of all vessels. Some were as fast as a frigate and with the broadside of a heavy ship of the lines lower armament of 32 ponder and 24 pounder cannon, in some cases 18pounders, they were deadly)

Let's here from you guys, 8)
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Sick, u got any answers?

Well u have Generals and what do u have for ships and stuff? A flagship or sumthing? admirals? Or just fleets u can create by putting bloats 2getter?
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

I think that there are no need to have "general" ship (flagship) and every ship could move intependently.
In fact every ship could transport minimum one army and if sloop wouldn't move independetly it would be useless as a transport
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

What if i have like... 2 army's in 1 ship... will they fight side by side with the ship's crew?
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

In the age of sail, any ship could be used to transport troops. Frigates, slopes and ships of the line, such was the case in Napoleonic wars and the American revolution.

There is a price...

On the smaller vessels one might have to remove cannon to accomodate the troops and not have an unstable ship, with wind power these kind of things have to be taken into account.

The good new was that an infantry unit on a ship could add substantially to the marine force on board ship and make an excellent boarding party.

The bad news was that with so many men up on deck, a couple of volleys of grape shot from te enemy, or canister shot and round shot would make bloody work of the army and blow thwm to smitherines !:x
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

I think having an admirl at sea ould be excellent. The admiral was a moral booster for the fleet, or a drainer if he stank ! :mrgreen:

The admiral rallies the mariners just as a general would.

It's becoming very apparent to me, and I'm no fool so I know, that the naval aspects of this game DO take a back seat to the army.

I can't imagine how with 6 ships per side as a maximum, a country like England will have no superiority over other countries in the fleet aspect.

I mean, 2,500 units for army, 6 units for ships combat and then no Bloody puase bottun to take a dump !! :evil:

What the heck are these people thinking! Most flet engagements had 12-20 ships per side.

Man am I glad they didn't do 17th century warfare! Back then 100 ships per side in the Dutch wars wih England of 1650's ! Can you imagine just 6?????

I'm disappointed to say the least, I thought the game was well ballanced. I'm sure the combat is fun and everything, but these people have NO CLUE about Naval warfare in the age of sail. Period. :roll: This is not a complaint, this is a FACt.
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

And to think, you guys complained about having America in a mod !

Why, with 6 ships per side, America would have a chance with the 12 frigates it had in 1800 ! That's crazy, but if you know what I'm talking about, it's true !! :yes: :mrgreen: