WHY?

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Øyvind
Sergeant

WHY?

Post by Øyvind »

Why would pyro create a new type of game? couldn't they just keep the old gamestyle for commandos..

anyone agree?
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

As much as I like the old gamestyle we don't really know how the new game will be untill we played it. Also they probably have their reasons for creating a new style. Most likely they felt that they couldn't improve what they had anymore and decided to create something new. Though I however wouldn't mind a remake/patch/add-on for Commandos 3, it's just nothing compared to it's precedors.
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Yeah C2 was an alright follow-up but C3 left most people disappointed. It also seems Pyro is dragged into Eidos' policy of multi platform games, something very few developers can pull off without the PC version (usually) being a lame port of the game.

What Strike Force will be like we cannot tell yet, but my hopes aren't very high.
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

I don't think that they understood the message... Perhaps they don't care about their fans anymore???

If we emailed them enuff and pestered them.. maybe they would make a C3 mission-pack for download... @m.. USE YOUR CONNECTIONS!!

all biggotry aside, i am sure CSF will be fine.. i mean, not only is it a common file extension, but the game itself looks nice, the buildings, the debree, it looks alright. I like how that soldier has 'big hands'.. i dont know why :|

Tiny on other hand should be reflected as having a knife on a side, not a thompson. Where's Spooky's glasses?? And Duke lin c1/2/3 had alot more.. 'density' .. he looks skinny like the diver.
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

disregard what i said about the knife... glad he has one..
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

it not bad to make someting new but what ever they do they shold allways keep the same Green Bert and other standard commandos character same as before.
what i mean is have same commandos face image no change.

if they change the commandos face then we will not remeber commandos legends after all this year the game play will drope with out the orginal commandos face it a must.

some one need to send an email to pyrostudios.com and tell them we are commandos fans at TAFN website and we want same commandos old face
and other ideas you like to tell them...
Signature Commandos ruls
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

I think the thing you need to appreciate here is that games nowadays are made for the market, and not for the fans of the current games. Commandos in its original form was an amazing game, but too difficult for what people want today and far far too difficult to be ported onto a console, as their simply not designed for a strategy game. Maybe with Strike force pyro and eidos will realise that it wasn't the way to go, and to go back to the strategy genre. Sadly we all have games that we'd like to be able to play more of, but the world doesn't work like that!

On the plus side, if we find that strike force is a good game, then the possbilility of modding are far improved by it being a first person shooter, which could potentially see the commandos series reaching out to a wider community, which can only lead to improvements!
Bertie
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Bertie wrote:I think the thing you need to appreciate here is that games nowadays are made for the market, and not for the fans of the current games.
Unfortunately that is very true. I hope to see some examples of where this does not happen, in the future.

(Nice to see you again. :D)