New 133 mb movie!

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Fistach
Affiliate

New 133 mb movie!

Post by Fistach »

Is available but I can't find a server where it would be for free. As far as I'm concerned still only gamespot has it on C SF page :( But it's official movie after all...
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

that sounds nice! will have to check more in the morning.

Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

maybe someone have an gamespot account ?:)
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Just got the smaller version (No subscription :( ) - from the looks of it I don't think I'm gonna enjoy the game that much...if you watch the video it seems fairly similar all the way through. If someone's not facing you then stab/choke them, if they are facing you then shoot them and use a bit of gas. Hmmm...
Bertie
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

unfrotunatelly I must agree with Bertie. Stylke of moving is very similar to Moh and CoD and that's not good.
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Fistach wrote:Stylke of moving is very similar to Moh and CoD and that's not good.
Indeed, much as I like those games they were designed to be like that, and I don't see why Pyro should create a copy of them. All I can see strike force being is the same thing, except with less enemies (as you are expected to use stealth) and maybe some closer ranged weapons.
Bertie
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

Bertie, I mus tsay i really hated moh and Cod. You need about 6 hours to finish both games on veteran:) these games are for newbies
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

I agree that their too short, but if you're bored and just want something to pass the time then they're great! I've been doing exams recently so they've been back on my pc purely for that reason!
Bertie
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

I don't back playing the games up just to kill the time :)
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I really enjoyed CoD, even though it was a little short. It was full with action and never bored me.
I'm sure CSF will be a great game too, because it looks like it's going to be the original Commandos gamestyle, but then in first person view. It has very original stuff in it (like coins and gas grenades) which will give a nice twist to the game.
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

sick wrote:I really enjoyed CoD, even though it was a little short. It was full with action and never bored me.
I'm sure CSF will be a great game too, because it looks like it's going to be the original Commandos gamestyle, but then in first person view. It has very original stuff in it (like coins and gas grenades) which will give a nice twist to the game.
Yep I wasn't bored either. BUT there was absolutelly no fun. You simply had only one way to accomplish the mission. I like action but it must be balanced between action, strategy. I really like games that are a little challenge. where you need a skill to shoot or to figure out some solutions. Like Commandos BEL, BtCoD, operation flashpoint, of course WOlfenstein Enemy Territory and so on.
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

It'll be interesting to see what health restrictions pyro apply to strike force, I'd quite like to see a Delta Force kind of approach where its pretty much you get shot twice and die, it'll make people focus more on the stealth element.

Having said that it will be designed for consoles so they might be against this!
Bertie
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

yep, that's true about consoles. And consoles are for kids and they sux.

Health restriction hmm... In the movie you can see a scene where Green Beret gets hit couple of times and still has a lot of health. I would like it to be like Hidden And Dangerous (about health mode...)
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

We need to find a difficult PC game that can truly replace commandos. I was hoping this was going to happen with Brothers in Arms but unfortunately it didn't. :(
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

I've heared Brothers in Arms were quite big shit. It was advertised everywhere as a best WWII shooter and so on. But I think the makers have kept too much faith in themselves...
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

I think thats more the advertising people than tha makers personal view - advertising a game thats "well its not bad but you could do better" isn't the best way foward! :D
Bertie
Fistach
Affiliate

Post by Fistach »

I couldn't agree more:) but this is real world and we have HITS and SHITS :)