how to take over a province?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Gunfreak
Soldier

how to take over a province?

Post by Gunfreak »

i know this might be a stupid question, but i'v now played for like 30 hour's and i cant seem to take over a province. if i go in to at terretory/province of an enemy, kick him out i get a flag and acording to the manual it should be mine after some time, but i'v hade forces stastioned in provines for over a year with out any thing happening,

i'v taken over capitals with a sige but never ordenary provinces?
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

you have to be in a province with a few units... between 6-9
atleats in Poland in the game I play :)

then you see an icon with a red and yellow bar in it as well as rebel militia next to it... you need to fill the bar to the top as quick as possible... lowest colour (red) gives where you actually stand and the other colour (yellow) on top your next level of annexation...

but when the bar is full of militia you where not fast enough too few troops.. meaning you will have to fight a peseant army

it is in the manual as well on the pdf on the cd
thepipe
Soldier

Post by thepipe »

Gunfreak,
I had this problem myself. What isledell explained is only relevant if you are in the capitol province of one of the independent states (i.e. not Prussia, Russia, Britain, France Austria). To take over other territories of non playable states you have to either take their capitol and annex it (then all there other territories will be annexed too) or sign a peace treaty with them (at this time you will annex all occupied (territories). Then the territory is yours and you can build in it etc.

If the territory belonged to one of the other imperial powers the only way to annex it is to sign a peace treaty with them while occupying it.

I was playing as Prussia and decide to take Austria. I struck for the heart, taking out Vienna right away, but then all of Austria’s territories had those stupid flags (you can't annex another empires capitals only occupy it). Trust me these flag never go away no matter how many men you have there :evil: . What I had to do was put men in all the provinces with flags in them, then withdraw from Vienna. The next turn when Austria had "come back to life" I offered them a peace treaty (only cost me like 500) and I annex all the territories with a flag in it. Then the next turn I move back in to Vienna and re-occupied it, it was undefended b/c they had only been free one turn.

:? :evil: :? :evil:

This is stupid and unrealistic that you have to free the capitol and make peace with it to annex all their other territories then reoccupy it :evil:
Gunfreak
Soldier

Post by Gunfreak »

THX finaly, now i can get on with kicking some A$$
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

there must be another way... why dont u priv message 1 of the admins here and put the messages on a post here... mayby they know