Nations introduction

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Raquiem
Lieutenant

Nations introduction

Post by Raquiem »

what does the nations introduction look like ?
is it like in Rome where you have movies that introduces you to empire and its problems or is it just text box that says "france is surrounded by its enemies, you must defeat them blah blah blah..." ?
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
Flying Scotsman
Soldier

Post by Flying Scotsman »

Unfortunatly it's just a textbox. "It is troubled times...you must build a strong empire" that kind of stuff.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

rtw had eye for some detail...
and for a good combo with diplomatic and war...
Imperial Glory... dunno just yet need to play more....
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

RTW had good diplomatic options?! OMG, lol! Yeah right :roll: !

RTW diplomacy was HORRIBLE! IGs is awesome. Plain and simple.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

for me diplomatic stuff in RTW was good...
but I did not use the exploit stuff... bribing armies... cities

then again I am more of the war fan.. so I am now trying to find if there is a good mix in Imperial Glory or even an full out war option in which I can survive a bit...

I mean I cannot play a whole evening just by looking at the diplo screen.. yes I agree I can do it a few times but then I am looking for the next game...

anyway first I need to start up medium and Prussia... which will be ok I guess.... as I do like Imperial Glory..
and I want it to be a kind of upgrade like Imperialism II which is one of my favourite games from the past....

problem is the easy setting... it is just ... too easy... and everyone is playing a love and hug game..... I had major fun with France on medium.. and invading Spain as fast as I could.. lost ofcourse... but I enjoyed every second....

so I am a guy who want a good mix... for the fun ... it gives me a kick when I can show and use my muscles om some Imperialistic Democratic Parlement of whom evre.. and make them eat lead...
thepipe
Soldier

Post by thepipe »

RTW diplomacy was HORRIBLE! IGs is awesome. Plain and simple.
Dude have you played the game or just read the press release?

I heard so much about how in-depth and challenging the management phase would be!

If you dried that one out you could fertilizes your lawn with it.

Diplomacy in RTW was kind of arbitrary but really the only thing that IG has on it is that in RTW the AI is so bad militarily that you don't have to use diplomacy other than to use it to extort money from people.

In IG the battles are so plain and hard to control that basically the stronger army wins. So you have to use diplomacy to get any where. But this is no problem b/c IG diplomacy is so easy to exploit.

IG diplomacy is so simplistic and plain Jane its ridiculous, and alliances have to be followed the game won't let you break them. It is way too easy to buy anything you want. There is nothing like traits for your characters etc. you can't control tax rates and there nothing is nothing about the happiness (overall moral) of your people the list goes on!

even after I’ve attacked some one took a province or two then had a peace treaty so I could annex the provinces then rebuilt and repeated several times, there still willing to give me peace and then sit back and not attack me till i'm ready to attack them again. In addition even one or two turn after I’ve attacked them their still willing to sell me territories for and easily affordable price... And yes this is all on HARD.

all this adds up to not awesome!!!!!!
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

What I did with the introductions to the historical battles is I changed it to their native languages.

For instance if you play Waterloo, you get a French guy talking English as the attackers, and English as the defenders. So I copy and pasted the sound file from the French folder and put it into the English folder.

It felt a little more real to me to hear the guy speaking French, Russian etc, and read the text in English.

No more English :lol: