Way Marks!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

gunner54
Soldier

Way Marks!

Post by gunner54 »

Moving on from Jawbreaker's findings about 'hold' commands, etc (see
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51169), I have discovered that units can be ordered to move with 'way marks'. Just hold down ctl while right clicking on the terrain to get your soldiers to follow a preplanned series of movements.

Also, if you issue a specific order to a unit, it will carry it out at the last 'way mark.' I ordered an infantry unit to circle and pass very close by an enemy artillery unit, also ordering them to act defensively, placing the final 'way mark' in front of the battery. My troops moved to the last mark, went from column into line, and then fired on the gunners, wthout attempting a to melee.

Units on reaching the last mark will also 'hold', or act agressively when previously so ordered.

This is a opens up all sorts of possibilites for battle manoevers, flanking movements, rearguard action, line breaking, etc, etc. Just send your units off and they will obey your orders to the letter.

Go try it out. Now!