Official System Requirements

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Official System Requirements

Post by TAFNsick »

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP (admin rights required)
(Windows® 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
CPU:
Pentium 3 1.0GHz (or AthlonXP equivalent)
RAM:
256MB System Memory
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9 compatible 64MB Direct3D Card (GeForce 3/Radeon 8500+)
SOUND:
100% DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
OPTICAL DRIVE:
8x speed CD-ROM drive (for CD versions)
-or-
DVD-ROM drive (for DVD versions)
HARD DRIVE:
2.5GB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES:
Keyboard and Mouse

Note: Laptops & Integrated graphic cards may function but are not supported.

Recommended Spec:

CPU:
Pentium IV 2.0GHz (or AthlonXP/64 equivalent)
RAM:
512MB System Memory
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support (GeForce 6 Series/Radeon X series)
OPTICAL DRIVE:
DVD-ROM drive
INTERNET:
LAN and Broadband Internet play supported.
Last edited by TAFNsick on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

It appears that there would be also CD version. That's good news ;]
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

They wern't kidding when they said that they would make the game easy to run on all machines, low and high end ones. With those kind of specs, even people running low end machines might be able to crank the settings all the way up.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Officerpuppy wrote:They wern't kidding when they said that they would make the game easy to run on all machines, low and high end ones. With those kind of specs, even people running low end machines might be able to crank the settings all the way up.
Maybe it will run great on a pentium 3 1ghz, but that's why the grapichs are not so "good" If the min was 1,9 ghz than we had a game with better grapichs.
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

True but thats why we have a modding community too, people can release high texture versions of soldiers etc. Plus having "low" quality soldiers on the field means you can have a greater quanty of them as well.
HellAngel_666
Soldier

Post by HellAngel_666 »

wheres the 56k for mp? lol wasn't even in the mim req.... :cry:
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

no one plays multiplayer on 56k these days ;)
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

David wrote:no one plays multiplayer on 56k these days ;)
Nobody is playing game's on a pentium 3 1 Ghz, stillt they making game's for the slower pc's.
saddletank
Soldier

Post by saddletank »

I guarantee that if you have a machine that just scrapes into the minimum specs, you won't be playing much of a game. :)
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

I play on a Celeron 1.2

Generally, I've found a little skill in tweaking a system goes alot farther than a higher clocked processor. And for a graphically driven game with relatively direct game engine calculations, CPU power will liekly only a signifcant factor in extremely large battles and then, mainly at their appex. For the most part RAM and graphics card abilites will be the dictating factors for graphical detail, not a CPU bottleneck.

Even so, I've never been a slave to a pretty picture. A well designed, smoothly integrated game system is more my bread and butter.
Iron Chancellor
Soldier

Post by Iron Chancellor »

I have an Athlon 900Mhz which works fine with RTW and all other games I play. I have added RAM up to 512 now and new graphics card 128MB NvidiaFX 5200 plus a 8x DVD drive and a 52x cdrom drive. I've had this comp since 2000 and it was close to top of the line,my how quickly things change :(
hunter
Sergeant

ah

Post by hunter »

I recommend u buy a new processor and ul comp will be fine... 3.0 ghz processors can be around €150/$ Im running on a 2.4ghz processor 1gb ram and 128mb Geforce fx5200 videocard.... i think it will run just fine :D
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Re: ah

Post by Dutch Soldier »

hunter wrote:I recommend u buy a new processor and ul comp will be fine... 3.0 ghz processors can be around €150/$ Im running on a 2.4ghz processor 1gb ram and 128mb Geforce fx5200 videocard.... i think it will run just fine :D
Just thinking IG will run perfectly on your new machine :mrgreen:
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

You might be able to run the game with a 900 MHz but it will likely try your patience.

Currently, the furthest I've stretched my system (1.2 GHz/ 512 Ram/ GF2 64MB Memory) is a pretty passible running of EA's Battle for Middle Earth (Minimum requirements- 1.3GHz/ 256 Ram/ 32 Video) but that took some major tweaking of my operating system process settings, testing several third party graphics drivers to find one that worked best, and installing a free RAM defragmention program. And even then, I can't run games of more than 2 players on more than Medium or Low graphics settings.

I know...I know... If I can't get a new processor, I should at least get a new graphics card! But my current motherboard was a "bargain" piece of garbage and has a truly crappy FSB speed. So, any new graphics card would be only a fraction of the improvement it should.

But I have to agree with Hunter, you're going to be pretty limited with even the very best that could be squeezed out of a 900 MHz for Imperial Glory.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

how do you see how many MB your computer has i can find GB but not MB anywhere
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Put 3 zeros behind the GB's you have (1 GB = 1000 MB.)
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

ok thanks
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

where do you find system memory?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Go to Start » Run and type "dxdiag" in the window that pops up. You are now in the tab "System" (stay there.) Search for a line that says "Memory" and read what it says behind it. :)
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

thanx again i couldnt remember where it was :yes:
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

i have 256MB processor and it is recomembed to have 512MB i no it can run on 256MB but i want to know the differents between them what dose it change?
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Well u mean ur memory is 256 mb... A processor's/CPU speeds are counted in Mhz or ghz. For example my comp has 1gb memory/Ram and a 2.4ghz processor. A processor processes a amount of dots and stripes, and gamez need a good proccessor videocard and memory to run properly. If 1 of em sucks, the game will get SLOWWWWW
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

robbiem101 wrote:i have 256MB processor and it is recomembed to have 512MB i no it can run on 256MB but i want to know the differents between them what dose it change?
Best way to know is to check out the demo of the game. If that runs alright the full game will most likely run good too. If not better seeing as it's probably optimized even more.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

thanks for that
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

IG dosnt run that well on my computer its slow and jults while fighting battles what can i do or buy to help it run better?