blood, bodies and one big hiphiphoray for the EU

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Isledall
Lieutenant

blood, bodies and one big hiphiphoray for the EU

Post by Isledall »

seems our USA brothers got the teenage version of Imperial Glory :mrgreen:

I mean in the EU version we got Blood splashing out bodies when they are ripped apart by musket balls... and boddies scattered all around the Battlefield till one side cries Victory across the bloody Battlefield...
aah and let's not forget the death scenes.. crawling soldiers.. soldiers yelling for a medic before letting out there last breath....

in the Teenage USA version... none it seems LOL
makes me think of those German games where blood was turned into blue and humans where transformed into robots so a game could be sold there...

now I need to get back to my bloody slaughter fields of Glory...
gterl
Soldier

Post by gterl »

I know it's silly....but I love it when all are lying on the ground and you see one (or maybe more) of them crawling around yelling for help (I'm I sick?)...IMHO adds to the whole 'feeling' of a battle 8)

So what happens in the US version? Do they vanish or what?

cheers
gterl
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

they go poof :mrgreen:
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

No we still have people dying in agony but not blood, atleast none splashing about.
bfanboy
Soldier

Post by bfanboy »

would it be hoping for too much to think that some file could be transferred from the EU version of the game to the disney version of my game to enable this bloody business??
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I forget that their is no blood in the game, I just get cought up in the battles. I am not an expert in modding, but I'll take a look at the files tonight to see if I find the file thats supposed to be the blood and work from there.
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

I like the blood splashing around, it makes me think of a song: Splish splash (I was taking a bath) LOL, and im doing great with the france medium campain, i conquered Austria, Batavia, Prussia, Helvation r, a bit of Spain, Denmark, Hannover, Lombardy, Poland, and some more... i conquered most by WAR, evry1 fears my hussars and Grenadiers, i think Russia and Engeland will backstab me. :D
Teddy45
Soldier

Post by Teddy45 »

Plz help with blood in the U.S version! :yes:
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

Are you kidding me? Blood? For 'realism'?

Grow up. And if you are grown up, get help.

Ok, I will admit the pain, suffering and anquish of the battlefield has a Pattonesque 'oh, the horror' angst to it. But frankly when I read people wanting more and more blood in games, I don't think pathos is a part of it.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Well im from the UK and brought my version in the UK and i must say i dont even notice the blood. In fact i cannot remember seeing, any so if its there its not such a big feature as some of you are making out.

Besides, I think you'd have to have the camera really low to notice it and if your camera is that low the chances are the AI has flanked you and the blood your seeing is your own lol.

As for the no blood in the US version, dont you hate the moral minority making decisions like this that dont effect them but effect everybody else.

Right now they are deciding where I can smoke and some smart git listed bus stops as one of the places i wont be allowed to smoke. Yet i have to stand there and get poisoned by their cars fumes.

They all hipocrits, the lot of them if you ask me.

Still i can laugh because after they have finished picking on the smokers, the gamers and the blood sport fans, Car drivers will next. :)

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
Teddy45
Soldier

Post by Teddy45 »

zzxxcc wrote:Are you kidding me? Blood? For 'realism'?

Grow up. And if you are grown up, get help.

Ok, I will admit the pain, suffering and anquish of the battlefield has a Pattonesque 'oh, the horror' angst to it. But frankly when I read people wanting more and more blood in games, I don't think pathos is a part of it.
sit on my finger and rotate.... when i paid for the game it was advertised with screen shots of blood so was misleading advertisement i paid for a game that i did not fully get! I will be taking legal action against the publishers of the game if i do not get some support. You can't rip people off like this it is FRAUD!

And i think you need to grow up as you have the blood version and im sure that you just love it. :twisted:
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Ok, I know this is Way Not thw Topic but what Happen To Sick????
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
Teddy45
Soldier

Post by Teddy45 »

sick is doing school work instead of helping us get the blood in the game but he promises that he will in 2 weeks time lets hold him to that one :yes:
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Argh yes Exam time.

Sick helped me get access to the official forums im told. So he is around.

If you read this Sick.
Thanks for the help.

giskard
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

Well Gis at least you can use the official forums. I can log in but do nothing else. I've sent 6 emails, and not one reply back.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Hengis: If you look at the amount if views verse replies you will see a lot of people have that problem.

In fact, now you have confirmed its not just me, im going to do something about it.

BTW, none of the official channels worked for me either, i send 2 emails my self. Even their official forum post notification emails produce garbage when they are sent so i cannot even bookmark their email address in my spam killer program to allow it get through.

Giskard.
Teddy45
Soldier

Post by Teddy45 »

and how is the progress of a blood patch going :p
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

lol. Sorry About Changing the Subject.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

I spotted the blood the other day.

A small red splatter mark on the grass.

Big deal, its not that much of feature if you dont have it.

giskard
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Its Werid but I don't See any Blood when armies face each other and kill. I will Keep a look out for it.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Homer, zoom all the way in, you have to be able to count the buttons on the soldiers shirts to see the blood.

If somebody makes a patch to add it to the versions that dont support it then I see Eidos getting a ton of complaints saying that its not working when it is.

Giskard
Teddy45
Soldier

Post by Teddy45 »

giskard wrote:I spotted the blood the other day.

A small red splatter mark on the grass.

Big deal, its not that much of feature if you dont have it.

giskard
it is a BIG DEAL to me so how about helping me. :yes:
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Actually Teddy.

This thread is about the EU players poking fun at the US players if you read it properly. Its not about a patch at all.

Still if you like them doing that to you over a tiny pit of red on the grass then I will happily leave you to their mercy :D

But if you want help and really want the blood that badly then you could always import the game from Europe. :)

Giskard
Beroon15
Soldier

Post by Beroon15 »

Officerpuppy wrote:I forget that their is no blood in the game, I just get cought up in the battles. I am not an expert in modding, but I'll take a look at the files tonight to see if I find the file thats supposed to be the blood and work from there.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Download this file, Beroon15.

Is there anyone still around with the Australian version of the game? I just thought of another possible fix after reading one of ST0MPA's posts saying he tried to change the language of the game to fool the game. However, this is not simply done by editing a text file, but by changing some settings in the Windows registry. So yeah, if anyone's still around, please contact me and lets test this. :)