InstallShield Wizard Issue

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

waverider
Soldier

InstallShield Wizard Issue

Post by waverider »

Hi Everyone,

Don't know if anyone has experienced this before but I am unable to install the game on XP with SP2 (de-installed SP2 as a result of this) and now running SP1. Its the DVD version.

Install prompts to install to %P and is not picking up the Imperial Glory name. If you specify a directory for installation, when you see the confirmation box as to where files will be installed the box is empty. If you carry on with the install nothing is written to the hard drive and I get a "dialogue cannot be displayed" error at the end.

I have a high spec machine (3GHz, 1GB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, ATI 9600X-VIO Graphics), with full admin rights using an admin account for installation.

I can install it on an old machine running ME. Any ideas?? Its nothing to do with initialization or graphics card. I think its related to the installshield. I've also disabled all the AV and privacy software as well.

Tried to post to the other forum and got no response to the activation email. Overall not too impressed with IG and Eidos.

Thanks
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Hmm you might try this, I read it in another installshield problem
A most tricky error to be sure, I've had it before. It has nothing to with drivers or any of that. It's related to Installshield. You need to go into /program files/common and find the installshield runtime components and delete them, then run setup again. The files have become corrupted and need to be replaced by install shield itself.

I had this once before, irritating as hell. Took me forever to figure it out.
waverider
Soldier

Post by waverider »

Wow, that one sorted it. I deleted the entire install shield directory and tried setup again and I new it had worked when I didn't see the %P.

Many thanks. Thats one for the diary!!