Hard Difficulty

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

meth
Soldier

Hard Difficulty

Post by meth »

has anyong played on hard? how hard is it? i've played two complete games--1 easy, 1 med.--and most of the way on another medium. i really haven't had much competition from the other empires. don't think they are trying to take over europe the same way i am.
Lord Trogdor
Soldier

Post by Lord Trogdor »

I am currently playing Prussia on Hard. It's quite fun - expect everyone to hate you in the beginning and have no faith in any of your neighbors. Try not to get into any conflicts with the other empires - if they declare war on you, try to get a peace treaty asap. After you complete the Simon Bolivar quest, then the table turns....

On Hard the AI seems to be more aggressive and more competent at developing. Haven't noticed any big differences in the battles though.

Ultimately this game suffers the same problem as Rome Total War or any other strategy game: after a while, anything becomes easy.
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

do the other empires seem to be trying to take each other out?
Lord Trogdor
Soldier

Post by Lord Trogdor »

Here's what happened:

In the beginning, Britain and France stayed relatively peaceful with each other, and went after other nations instead. Britain took over Denmark and Batavia, while the French expanded into Italy.

Russia stayed relatively calm in the beginning - eventually they got caught in a war with both Sweden and Moldavia, and were left with only St. Petersburg :lol: so Russia pretty much stayed as tame as a koshka after that.

Austria was the big bully. They expanded into Italy, knocked out the French there, then expanded into both France and the Balkans. Eventually they even got some parts of Russia! I had an uneasy peace with them for a few years (at this point I only have the original Prussian lands, Poland, Saxony and Hanover - the latter three conquered by peasant militia armies within the first few years), then Simon Bolivar came and Austria lost her massive empire in just a few months :lol:

After the Austrians were defeated, France slowly regained her formal territories. Then they expanded into Spain and Piedmont. The British stayed at peace with the French, since by now they pretty much both see me as the greater threat.

So right now I'm just going to build up my armies, use the Emperor Proclamation quest, and then finish both of them off.

One thing I noticed is that the AI empires are also more aggressive in peaceful annexations. You have to constantly check your neutral neighbor's attitude towards the other empires, and try to prevent them from being annexed. Developing resistance cells also help, somewhat.

Enjoy.
cocane
Soldier

Post by cocane »

Playing hard is such a joke sometimes.
The other 3 powers annex about 1 land every year, starting with the first year.

I just played russia. Austria annexed Saxon and Lombardy.
Prussia conquered Poland.
England annexed Portugal, Spain, Denmark and Hanover, also conquered half france.

My neighbors: Prussia, Austria and Moldavia declare me war all the time.
Altho i have a pact with sweden since day one, they hate me more and more each turn and have lots of cavallery next to St. Petersburg.

Then i was able to conqer Sweden and take Norway from the british (they declared war on me with no army in reach of my land)

Prussia and Austria again declared war on me, i was able to make peace with prussia (after fighting them out) for 1500 gold. austria demands about 7000 gold which i will never be able to afford as it looks.
did you notice how easy it is to invade russia? Every province can be attacked by 2 countries. That sucks.
Last thing i now was i fought out almost all austrian armies except one, and next turn austria annexed Ottoman... invaded from there with 3 allnew superarmies... annexation is such a bullshit.

The best part is, that as russia you cant make a lot of deals, and defense pacts, since you can only see so few countries.
It takes till third ERA to see france... i didnt know russia believed the world ends with austria lol !
I would so love to make cheap defense pacts with the inner europe smallstates.
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

cash in the cartography quest and you can see very square on the map--one of my favorites
You either surf or you fight.
Elllsid
Soldier

Hard / medium campaign

Post by Elllsid »

Played France with hard and medium campaign, both were very different. On the (medium level)The Ottoman empire took out the Russians and Austria was kicking my butt when my alliance with the Turks and Lombardy kicked in and they invaded Austria. Which allowed the Prussians back in the game after being invaded by Austria. After that Austria made peace and I was able to regain my military strength and end off story by 1816.
(Hard) France played the sleeping giant. Peaceful annexation of Spain and Papal states until 1815, no battles while Britain and Austria took out the Prussians while Russia battled the Ottomans for 10 years. Then believing my self to be invincilbe, I went after the Austrians in Peidmont and the Helvetian Republic from the Papal states and France. Got my ego briused with green troops facing Austrian troops with level(3) experience. Through a campaign of attrition of 4 months Austria sued for peace and the rest is history 1830. Played both with Dictorships, used military hospitals.
In both games Britain takes North Africa and Egypt is a buffer between Russia or Austria before I move in.
-HITMAN-
Soldier

Post by -HITMAN- »

Lord Trogdor wrote:Here's what happened:

In the beginning, Britain and France stayed relatively peaceful with each other...
I've noticed in sometime 1793, France's sympothy to Great Britain decreases dramaticly for no apparant reason.

I've send them tribute ('Improve Relations'), made defensive Alliance, done basically declared war on countries that France is at war with.
But still, it goes down.
Funny that.
(Quite clever really, as the French declared war on Britain in 1793 - I wonder if this is a fluke or the producers meant to do that...)