Resistance cell

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

LorKor
Soldier

Resistance cell

Post by LorKor »

Hi,
I completed the game till 1830 and went on playing it from there in Total Victory mode.
I am in 1934 now, well established and doing great.
I keep building these resistance cells against my rival empire but they get wiped out all the time and they certainly seem like a complete waste of efforts for the good they do.
Do you guys have any suggestion of how to use them for full effect? Or just leave the darn thing? Ineffective really?
"I have not yet begun to fight!"
Vorster
Soldier

Post by Vorster »

Oh well I found that they need to be build at leat 5 times in an area and only in an area where the enemy is weak. Furthermore it helps if the country which you are trying to subvert has a weak master. Thus only pic on countries which cannot be reinforced because the master it weak to do it. Then after a few cells have been build they would kill all the defenders and viola uo for grabs.

Be carefull though it takes time. I ended up near 1880 playing that way.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

Got time.
Thanx bud.
I played the "rush in and kill em all" way too and somehow I like this approach now a little better. Its smarter then blow down the house and take the little pig. Well, hope so anyway.
Vorster
Soldier

Post by Vorster »

Same here I prefer to do it the underhanded diplomatic way but sometimes it fails and then a brigade of black watch with horse drawn 12 pounders in support is the only way. Say do you rather annex the country after military accupation or do you withdraw and see if you can influence it to join you?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

I do it via diplomatic means but I too fail every now and then. Belisar told his generals when he was only 24 that the greatest general of all is who can achieve his goals without entering the battlefield.
Having said that I must add that I find the game strange:
1, I should be notified if a resistance is built against me yet I just find sometimes that a country just "reached independence". I dont know how though.
2, My coalition partner isnt bleeding with me. How come? What is the coalition for then?
3, Thru marriage an unbreakble bond is formed, the manual says. Yet I got backstabbed when I was in war with another empire.
4, How come all empires are "allowed" to annex and conquer but I get "punished" for taking a dicky little country even and the whole world turns against me.

So I am only getting used to the game and although I am enjoying it a great deal I find certain things straightout hard to comprehend.