How to get help in the war?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

LorKor
Soldier

How to get help in the war?

Post by LorKor »

Hi,
OK, everybody loves me. Austria has a sympathy level of 100% towards my empire and my son has married their gal too. I formed a coalition against an empire yet these Austrians left me bleed and then ended up dislike me instead of taking a share of the fight.
How can I get an empire to actively help me and send troops in to fight alongside. (Most of the time I get nothing when I ask for military assistance. Once I got help from Egypt for major bucks but that was it. I am not looking for mercenaries I am looking for a coalition)
So how can I persuade them to follow their interest of supporting one and other?
"I have not yet begun to fight!"
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

dude--i have no idea. i entered a coalition with austria against russia--austria's idea. the only movement out of there territory that they made was two commanders without troops into MY territory. i looked in the manual and it says a coalition is preperation of hostilities against a third party. PREPERATION? maybe they were moving into mt territory with no troops and i was supposed to assign troops to there commanders. but i ended doing it all myself and owned all of russia--BONUS
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

You know this game is strange although fun in many ways.
Well, all empires rip their neighbors into pieces and annex and conquer but if I take the dickiest little state the whole world turns against me.
Or I invest major dough in intelligence yet I wake up to one of my states freeing itself from out of the blue.
And here is my favorite:
How come I get four generals coming at me yer I have never been allowed to deploy more then three armies.

Its an OK game but it has a lot of confusing thing or at least hard to comprehend sometimes.
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

you CAN attack with four armies. when you move the fourth into a territory a message will pop up--maybe you have to have tool tips on--that says "you have already deployed three armies, the fourth will be reinforcements. when ALL the soldiers under on of the first three commander's are totally eliminated you can click on the reinforcements button and they will show up where you originally started from. so its good to use FAST reinforcements--so they can get into the action quick
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

Gotcha now. I got the message all the time but I have never used rapid reinforcements. But then again I have never needed it. My deployed armies never got wiped totally out yet. I play on medium level so I guess AI goes easy on me.
Having discussed the underjanded way of doing things I have just started a new campaign flatheading thru this time. Playing England and rush right in Spain, and then Portugal. I dont give a flying rats ass about sympathy levels and just plow the map. Demolish everybody and I am already halfway thru the second level. So far so good. I am really wondering here when I will get nailed but so far Austria is ready to butcher the French with me. And we will take em out no doubt.
Oh, ya, another little thing I found, maybe its common knowledge but if not:
You know how a country can get free from under your rule and your armies you conscripted there get sent home. Well, I take the armies to another country and bring their boys to this one so when an uprising occurs the armies stay loyal to you and they dont desert or nothing but stay and fight to death.

One thing I started to miss lately: one cannot occupy a harbour. The ports are only controlled after annexing the country they belong to. I think blasting a port with two-three ships of the line would be fun indeed.
Dont you think?