Crashing?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ytareh
Soldier

Crashing?

Post by ytareh »

While I adore this game Im annoyed by the crashing in BOTH DEMO and actual dvd game.Anyone else get this...?Can be from 1 in 3 to 1 in 9 games crash sometimes early(20secs) or more annoyingly after 20 mins of action.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I haven't experienced any crash whatsoever upon playing.

Some things you can try are:

- make sure you have the latest video drivers, there were problems with the catalyst drivers before version 5.5 (that's for ATI cards).

- check if you the latest drivers for your sound card although it is less likely that's that the cause

- is your computer getting overheated? IG is quite graphic intensive so if your running a bit of an older card it might have to work hard. In this case you might want to try to get the case of your pc and see if that helps.

To check which version of drivers your running you do the following:

start/run

type in dxdiag

select the display or sound tab and check the date.

Hope this helps,
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

Yep Im on Ati 5.5.So that explains it...So 5.6 and 5.7 are crash free?Thanks!
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

Oh wait you said BEFORE 5.5...
-HITMAN-
Soldier

Post by -HITMAN- »

I've experianced crashes whenever I start a Quick Game or if I control a army in the Campaign, that is on my Laptop though.
My PC works fine.
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

This is definitely a graphics driver issue.I solved it entirely on ATI Cat5.7 (think 5.6 is ok too)5.1 to 5.5 you better check carefully .Atleast one crashes like hell.By the way got one crash in 5.8 and went back to 5.7.Its so annoying when it happens at a critical point of a good game...