"Crown of Glory"

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

zzxxcc
Sergeant

"Crown of Glory"

Post by zzxxcc »

Anyone in the forum play Matrix games "Crown of Glory"?

I just took a very superficial look at it, and man, I honestly can't figure out; A) What the heck I'm suppose to do! B) Why the heck I would even want to spend anytime doing it!!

LOL

Seriously, absolutely no offence to ANY fans of CoG, but I can only imagine that this game can only appeal to VERY hardcore 'Grognards' type gamers.

It's programing itself is very, very old fashioned. Not dissimilar to the styles of the very early tabletop strategy game to computer game conversions from the early days. Very unintuitive. Everything appears very complex to the point of being esoteric.

I mean, I'm no fool! I've got a BA, I've played 'Squad Leader', I'm a reasonibly detail demanding and experienced gamer, I play 'Jeopardy'(Even while being embareesed by Ken Jennings!)!, but this game is far beyond anything I'd be interested in taking the time to master.

Is the AI and gameplay TRULY worth the amount of time and effort this game appears to require to learn the finer points of luxury good industry development and trade negotiations! :)

--Dave