On a different perspective (Korea: Forgotten Conflict)

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

Jovan
TAFN Staff

On a different perspective (Korea: Forgotten Conflict)

Post by Jovan »

Well, we all know what a dissapointment Commandos 3 is, its clear. However, on the other note; Korea: Forgotten Conflict could be thought of as Commandos 3. Its packed with missions, has 3D indoor/outdoor, you can enter certain things without actually entering another map, which is quick-and-easy. 360 camera, up down, Commandos styled game, and of course, a whole new set of different missions => KOREAN WAR! :)

I believe this is the war that Canadians are more obliged to than WW2, as they were recognized for it.

All in all, many vehicles are available, small number of missions, but very very big missions with good objectives, enemy can ambush you, good AI.

thats pretty much all i got to say :) As the old saying goes: dont remonstrate, innovate!
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

I heard it got bad reviews, and this link confirms:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/589479.asp

Avg Ratio: 63%
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

Theres a fine red line between reviews and experience. I played the demo and i must say, i loved it. Give it a try. Reviews said how Commandos 3 was an excellent game... do you really think so? (I do, but still...)
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

I suppose giving the demo a go doesn't hurt. :D
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

Here are a few(alot) screenshots, i'd say they are nice:

http://www.koreaforgottenconflict.com/gallery.html
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

I do not understand why reviewers would rate this game baddly

Almost every vehicle in missions is drivable, this includes jeeps, trucks and tanks alike (yes ive driven tanks in the 2nd TUTORIAL mission, hello?!?!).

Furthermore, you can hide INSIDE of trucks while the enemy is driving, how is that a bad thing??

Furthermore 2x, they complain it about being glitchy.. i only got 1 bug, but that was my bad for positioning the vehicle baddly so my guy got stuck inbetween something.

All in all, great game, i'd rate it overall 80%
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

i remember playing the demo imediatly after it was released. i didnt liked it then for some reason....dont remember now.

speaking of commandos reviews....at least i thought it was good at the time when i wrote it. :mrgreen: :x
Twitch
Soldier

Post by Twitch »

Does this thing have all mouse commands like C3 or hotkeys like C2?
Image You take the one to port and I'll take the starboard one, Johnny- Don Gentile 1944