How to lock up an enemy port

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

LorKor
Soldier

How to lock up an enemy port

Post by LorKor »

Hi,
I destroyed the enemy's fleet I have three of my frigates right in front of my enemy's military harbour. How can I lock it up (in other words when will the little lock simbol appear over it?)
Thanx.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

I think its when your ships are the only ships in the sea you can check this by goining on to commercial veiw and clicking on to the countriey the port belongs to if there is a red line comming in or out of the port you have blocked it.
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

The red line does indeed mean a blocked route but I fail to figure out how the actual act of blockading a harbour goes.
Let me refrase that: what I would like is to deny my enemy the capability of building new ships, thus destroy its fleet once and for all. Is this possible?
(I destroyed the Russian fleet but new ships are coming at me every so often. How can I just shot their port down so they would be left without the capability of building these new frigates? It is exiting to fight them but again it is also annoying somewhat after awhile!)
"I have not yet begun to fight!"
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

here is something i noticed, if for example you play as england, sail over to norway with an army, land annex the territory through peace treaty and recive the land with a port. now if you build a harbour and place your army back on ships so that no army is in norway and have empty ships sitting in dock at norway, you will loose them ships if even one unit of millitia enters that land and sticks up the disputed territory flag, even if that one unit of millitia had only one man left out of the possible 60. so beware.