Blood patch not working and V 1.1 patch.

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Rufes222
Soldier

Blood patch not working and V 1.1 patch.

Post by Rufes222 »

I downloaded the blood patch and I dont see any blood. Why? And I downloaded the 1.1 patch to and it says its loaded but it is not showing it when I load the game it still says 1.0 and it is not loaded because I alost tried to speed up the battle and it does not work witch means the patch is not installed. Does anyone have this problem? :?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

About the mod: be sure you extract the files to the right place (see readme.txt)

Patch:
Have you extracted the Data.pak file? If so, the patch will indeed not work. Why? Well, the patch installs a new .pak file on your computer: Data1.pak. But the game will first search for extracted files, and then for .pak files. Extracted files override .pak files. Just extract the Data1.pak, you can find it in the installation folder.
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

I don't get a readme file I lost.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

You have to open the downloaded IG_BloodPatch.zip. There is a readme file inside, as well as a folder called "Effects." Extract them both to the installation folder of the game.
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

I don't realy want to mess anything up and I tried what you said so If you have MSN and if so maybe we can do it by Remote assiatance. Be much more easy.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I had the same problem so what I did was this:

1) I had all my files extraxted already and had the blood mod installed into the directory where it goes.

2) When you install the patch, if you go to the main IG folder, there will be a new file there called Data1.pak.

3) I extraced the contents of that new file and placed all the files that were in there into the coresponding folders

4) Ran the game, I had the 1.1 at the bottom of my screen and the blood fully functional.
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

Ok I got the 1.1 patch working but not the blood mod. What am I missing :?
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Hi I also fail to get this blood patch going, i have managed to successfuly instal every other mod and also the 1.1 patch. Yet this deafets me :)
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

Rufes222 wrote:Ok I got the 1.1 patch working but not the blood mod. What am I missing :?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

The only possible cause is that you've installed them to the wrong directory.
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

Can't. I put the three files in Effects folder in Batalla folder. Thats where they go.
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

I am certain they are in the right folder, even tested it by running "extract here" again and it asked if i wanted to replace the files that already exsisted in the effects/batallia folder. i feel that maybe the version i have (CD) has an edited .sb file that takes the command away to run these files,

even veiwing the battles on -8 with a magnifying glass shows not one drop of Claret.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

It has nothing to do with a .sb file or something. Adding the files should do the trick.
Can you perhaps check if it works in the demo? In this case the files go to [InstallDir]\FSCommand\Effects\Batalla though.
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

ok sick ill download it from your link place the files in and see

well it appears to work in the demo, it just looks like a lot of red squares tho
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

Did it work?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

ST0MPA wrote:ok sick ill download it from your link place the files in and see

well it appears to work in the demo, it just looks like a lot of red squares tho
Sorry, I missed your reply before.
The blood looks weird indeed in the demo version. Why it wont work in the full game, I honestly don't know. :?
Von Bulow
Soldier

Post by Von Bulow »

yah.. I get the red squares in the demo version as well, but absolutely nothing in the full game.. I've tried several experiments between the demo and retail game files to see if I could get it to even partially work in the retail, but most of those effects files are identicle for both.. I'm totally stumped.. and everything is in SPANISH >_<
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Well if it looks as bad as the demo blood in the full game, i think i will live without it, personaly i think now the game looks better without, thnx anyway sick
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

In the full game, the blood looks like this.
Rufes222
Soldier

Post by Rufes222 »

So the blood does not work? It does look over done though.
Von Bulow
Soldier

Post by Von Bulow »

does anyone know for sure where mention of these muerte files are in the game code?.. I can't find any refrence to Muertesoldado in any sb files.. maybe something differs in our versions that refuse to work (like they ommited the code which links the files to the game?) I've done a complete re-install with a clean install of the mod... still nothing..
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Mmmz yeah, probably. Need to find out what's missing... give me some time. :)
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Wow nice screenshot, in that case, i would much like the blood :)
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Any luck on that Blood sick :|
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Copying from Eidos forums. ;)

Nope. Work is chaos at the moment, because a lot of people are on vacation at the moment and they can't find another replacement but me. :evil: )
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

no problems sick, appreciate the help so far.
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Hey Guys, I Have a Problem With my Update. I Get it and then I Try to Open it after I Exracted it and then I Click to Open It And It says Imperal Glory is not Installed! :twisted: I Don't Get it!
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

are you talking about the patch?? or the blood
mike^_^
Soldier

Post by mike^_^ »

has anyone been able to get the blood patch to work on the US version?

I'm absolutely positive I have installed it correctly, it won't work for some reason!

help us!!
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Some how I had it working, but the patch didnt work.

A month or two ago I did a fresh install of IG, then the patch. Now the patch works, but no blood. Seems like its one or the other for me at least.