How do I liberate a minor empire?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

HelmutS
Soldier

How do I liberate a minor empire?

Post by HelmutS »

Okay...so far, after 16 years of gameplay time (1806), I have fought only one battle and annexed a lot of land peacefully, but Great Britain is still too big for my liking.

I don't want to stretch my Austrian Empire too wide, either, so ideally what I would want is to take away a province or two from GB, and set them free again.

I assume this can be done by fighting GB for the capitol of such a minor empire and then there should be an option to "liberate"?
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

option #1: if you eliminate all the GB armies from the country's capital you will get a choice of wether to occupy it or not. if you occupy--you can annex it militarily. you have to keep alot of men there or they will raise try to fight back with some militia--not really a problem. if you choose not to occupy you will get 8 turns of right of passage--so if you have time to get from one neutral country to the next if you have the manpower

option #2: if you have the manpower and a port or two you could try a launch a direct attack on england. they are at a disadvantage cuz they only have the armies on the island. if you can take control--you can't annex--their capital you liberate ALL of the neutral countries they control all in one shot. you have to have a lot of food stored and alot of ships. can't offload troops if they have ships in the water where you're at
You either surf or you fight.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

there is also a building you can get of the reserch tree that you bulid in the capitals of the country you want to liberate from GB it is called SUBVERSION TECHNIQUES and it rasies a resistance cell of the old empiers army they consist of the worst troops the country can get, but they might have a hope, keep buliding these buildings after one cell dies soon the GB army will be weak enough to be defeted.

GB will not no that you raised the resitance so the relationship between the two countrys will be the same as it was before.

hope that helped.
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

oh yeah. that too. i did that succesfully a couple of times. if you watch for an empire to leave a capital very weak, undefended, or all their troops in garrison you can pull it off in one shot.
if i'm not mistaken--the resistance cell might not be available to all forms of gov't
You either surf or you fight.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

you might be right but im not sure
it is on the third section of the reserch tree