Ships names

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ST0MPA
Sergeant

Ships names

Post by ST0MPA »

is there anywhere i can change the name of my ships or add new ones, i dont like giving nelson his ship HMS Victory, only to have to tell him "O by the way, its a sloop"
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

That gets on my nerves as well that nelsons famouas ship HMS Victory should be a ship of the line. But there was 4 ships before Nelsons Victory which had the name of victory im sure 1 or 2 would of been sloops. But the curators should of thought that it would be thought as Nelsons ship.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I am sure that ship names are completely random, but was done in good faith. These ship names mostly excisted during this era and were added so that those with knowledge would recongnize them and feel happy, but because of the limited space allowed to naval warfare, sometimes these names will not be on the proper ships.
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Thnx Pups, i will have to do what i always do, sink my fleet at the startand wait untill i get the third error upgrade for SotL and start me fleet with them until the funnier names come up then work down from there, Ive actualy dont build consulates for fear of getting 20 sloops from portugal,

would be good if annexed ships kept their foriegn names, would be good if you got at least one SotL at the start called victory.
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.