Problem with Laptop

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Jack
Soldier

Problem with Laptop

Post by Jack »

I've got a laptop Speedmaster (Medion), Intel Pentium 1,8 GHZ, 512 Mo RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 Go 64M (which was enough playing Doom 3 !)... ; Imperial Glory runs very well but each time I play, after maybe 10 ou 15 minutes (be sure that is not enough to have fun !), the game bugs, the screen remains the same, music stops and I hear something like "futfutfut..." :? and I can't do anything just switch off the PC with the switch. it's the first time it happens to my laptop PC. :cry:

What can I do to play Imp Glory ????
edcope
Soldier

Post by edcope »

I had a similar problem. The box says that a GeForce 3 or above is adequate to run the game, but fails to mention that your laptop GeForce will not run the game properly. It is a dreadful omission, one which might only be fixed with new drivers (but not those from the official site). Off the top of my head, I don't recall where they're from; just search for threads I started and you'll come across it.
The only thing I must warn you about is that once I installed these new drivers, Imperial Glory worked just fine, but Children of the Nile and Medieval Total War ceased to work at all. I couldn't tell you why.
-HITMAN-
Soldier

Post by -HITMAN- »

Imperial Glory only works when you play the Campaign not the Quick Game or any battle scenario for me.
Then up comes a blue screen and my Laptop resets, anyonw know why this is?