Some ideas!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Fool's Alliance
Soldier

Some ideas!

Post by Fool's Alliance »

What would you guys really like to see in any future IG patch or *gasp* expansion?

I personally could stand a lot more portraits like the one of Czar Peter in the tutorial. It'd give a face to your friends/enemies.

I think that the Ottomans and the Spanish should be playable factions; I understand someone made a play Spanish mod...

It'd be cool if the expansion had a globe in it, instead of just a map of Europe. The colonies in the Americas, Africa and Asia also played a part in the history of that time.

Random events such as crop failure or civil unrest would spice things up!

One thing I hope Pyro would address in a patch would be allowing the camera to go slightly off the battle map area, as i find that sometimes when my troops are on the edge the camera gets very uncooperative when I try to look at my enemy and my troops at the same time.

I think Militias cost too much and are way too boring...just cannon fodder after cavalry arrive...

Oh yeah, and the battle ai, seriously seriously stupid! I was attacking England. The comp sent infantry to the corners of that island. Every time, I'd just use Artillery to bomb the hell out of 'em and the comp would just send more men to the same spot...it's pathetic!

On a side note, AOE III will own the RTS market after its release.
Fool's Alliance
Soldier

Post by Fool's Alliance »

What?

Everyone completely satisfied with their game?
icanus
Soldier

Post by icanus »

More ideas for an expansion pack than a patch:

A full world map would definately be good (and would make the navies a bit more relevant - as the game stands now it's possible to get by without any real naval power (unless you're britain).

Another way to go would be to have a more detailed map of a smaller area. For instance, a Peninsular War campaign, with a much more detailed map of spain and portugal, allowing for more strategy in troop movement, though it's prbably need a big re-design of the management system (food and supply lines would be very important).

Bigger battle maps would be nice, as would more historical battles. More than one map (the russian capital) with proper defensive stuctures.

Terain features in naval battles would add a new tactical depth - avoiding running aground, shore batteries etc.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

In addition to those naval ideas, having other ships under your control with their own AI would be nice, its pretty darn hard to manage 4-5-6 ships under one enagement.