Hotkey Ctrl+neworder to queue orders for unit

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ndscuk
Soldier

Hotkey Ctrl+neworder to queue orders for unit

Post by ndscuk »

:? Has anyone been able to queue orders for a selected unit in a landbattle? I have tried to implement the following sequence to move an artillery battery to a position, unlimber it and open fire on the nearest enemy by issuing all the orders before the battery moves. I selected the battery (left click cursor on it) moved cursor to required destination, right clicked then used Ctrl+B to unlimber, then Ctrl+F to auto fire. However, the battery just moved to the location ordered and stood there so the last two orders were not registered as part of a queue. Does this hotkey work? Am i uwsing it wrongly?

Whats the point of the go to hotkey G? when all troops are moved by selecting the unit and right clicking the cursor on the destination? How should the G key be used?

Can a selected unit be deslected without selecting another unit?
icanus
Soldier

Post by icanus »

As far as I know you can only Queue movement waypoints, not orders (a pity, as it'd be good to be able to march, deploy into line, then march again, etc.

The Go To command is just an alternative way of issueing move orders

As to deselecting, just drag a selection box in an empty area of the battlefield.