Working on a mod - your input needed

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

Which option do you prefer?

First option
83%
Second option
17%

Total votes: 18

TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Working on a mod - your input needed

Post by TAFNsick »

I'm currently working on a mod that makes the sea battle areas larger in size. This way you can keep better track on your ships and the chance you loose a ship because it leaves the battle map will be highly reduced.
Now I need to make a decision, and I need your advice.

First option:
I increase the size of the map with about 50%, this way the game still runs smoothly with the option "Pixel Shaded Water" turned on.

Second option:
I increase the size of the map with more than 100%, but the downside of this is that you have to turn the option "Pixel Shaded Water" off, otherwise the game runs very choppy.

So what do you guys prefer? Fairly large maps with good quality, or huge maps with decent quality? Start voting!!
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Performance goes first so option 1 for me.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

I would go for the 100% map...

now I just click on auto calc..

BUT..!! the big question is even if you enlarge the playing field... will the AI still like to fight around the edges..? otherwise it is still a poof away ship..

I would be more happy when there is a red line in the water marking the edges of the field....
Broadside
Soldier

Post by Broadside »

Option 1 for me. That extra 50% should be enough to keep the ships on the map in a normal skirmish
gterl
Soldier

Post by gterl »

First one for me

gterl
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

The first one :up:
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
gunner54
Soldier

Post by gunner54 »

The first choice.
gterl
Soldier

Post by gterl »

Mhhhm another question :D

What about including 'real' shores? I mean something better than just those paintings on the horizon.....
Is it possible?

gterl
kennosen
Soldier

Post by kennosen »

Aye. Larger battle area is the best choice, also for land battles. Out of the box the cannon is woefully underanged, but only because the battle maps are so small. If we had larger areas to close ranks it would be better by far.
I would be willing to tolerate a lowering of eye candy for the benifit of larger areas to battle on.
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

No way of making land maps bigger I suppose...?
Clausewitz
Soldier

Post by Clausewitz »

Would it be possible to do both and let people try out the different styles? I'm not sure which I'd rather have, since the pixel-shaded water is lovely, but so is not losing the ships on that water. It's also possible that some of us will be able to handle nice water /and/ huge maps, though I myself am certainly /not/ in that category yet. ;)