Loader screens

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

gterl
Soldier

Loader screens

Post by gterl »

Hi everyone

Short question:
Is it possible to change the loader-screens (I've the Waterloo-DVD and Hornblower and Sharpe's so would be nice..)

Also:
On the first menue there's a kind of movie in the background showing an army. What is it AVI, Blink, or what..is it possible to change?

pls let me know
cheers
gt
@m
TAFN Staff

Re: Loader screens

Post by @m »

gterl wrote:Hi everyone

Short question:
Is it possible to change the loader-screens (I've the Waterloo-DVD and Hornblower and Sharpe's so would be nice..)
Yes it's possible we have an alternative one in our downloads base so. You might want to download it so you know in which directory you need to look.
Also:
On the first menue there's a kind of movie in the background showing an army. What is it AVI, Blink, or what..is it possible to change?
I guess it's in bink format. There are programs that let you open those files so it's a matter of finding out which movie it is and replacing it by a file with the same and format. Show us your results when you're done though :D
gterl
Soldier

Post by gterl »

OK, I'm having a blast converting DVD's to AVI's and then making Bink-Videos out of them.

Changed already the main-menue background with a sequence of Waterloo movie clips ....looks definitely great (to me).

Only problem....the size!!!!!!!

I'll keep you guys updated

cheers
gt
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

any updates????
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.
gterl
Soldier

Post by gterl »

Yes there is!!!!!!!

The reason why it took so long where several tests which I've made (video with sound without, resolution, colors, etc. etc.)
I know now how to create those movies and will create now something 'serious'.

Other problem....the size. Example: the original menue background movie is about 11MB mine are all around 60MB....so who's hosting it when it's finished????

cheers
gt
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

Oh, that is a big one. Is'nt it?

Said the Actress, to the Bishop.
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.