Changing some things

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Wellington
Soldier

Changing some things

Post by Wellington »

I want to change somethings for Imperial Glory. First of all I want to make all cannons have a parabolic trajectory. It's just easier. Second I want to change infantry unit size to 90 men per battalion. Which files contain the coding that I need to change?
Moeman
Soldier

Post by Moeman »

there's a very useful tool in the mod section that can be used to change the size of the infantry unit. just remember that it you make them larger they become a little more clumsy on the battle field, or that's how i have found it anyway. http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scr ... file&id=82

as for the parabolic line for the arty i can't help you there though certainly see that a slight change could be good, so if you put your infantry a reasonable distance infront they weren't destroyed
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

The unit size thing is easily sorted -I think you can choose from the mods of Icanus or Johann where if I remember you can customise to suit yourself or get set increases (100INF and 60CAV)respectively.I use the Icanus mod which also allows you to change accuracies/ranges and slightly modify reload times (but the latter is not as simple as it seems.)The work of Godkin is also worth searching out on the forums here and at the Eidos official site.He shows how to make units less likely to get into mellee and single out artillery.The parabolic issue (making cannon shoot at a certain angle/height is a mystery to me .It would sure help if we could find how to mod it as if you lengthen arty range you cant hit anything that gets anyway up close to you.
ST0MPA
Sergeant

Post by ST0MPA »

link the canon to howitzer firing animation
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for much, but they manage to bring a smile to your face, when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Thats a pretty good idea. 8) Won't hurt to give it a try.
Wellington
Soldier

Post by Wellington »

I got 90 men in each battalion of soldiers but now when they form the line formation there's always three lines down at one end and two lines for the rest of the formation. I've tried messing around with unit spacing but can't seem to find a fix for that. What unit spacing would allow 90 men to form 3 lines?