problems using version 1.1 patch

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

wormtyrant
Soldier

problems using version 1.1 patch

Post by wormtyrant »

As far as I can tell the patch is installed properly and shows as being version 1.1 on the game, but I'm unable to use the new functions introduced with the patch. The battle time controller(ctrl -, ctrl +, ctrl *) and deactivating the narrator voice(ctrl v) is not working. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I did have to reinstall the game a few times and after that the patch file would not execute because it detects the patch as already being installed, but shows version 1.0. I had no problem extracting the patch files directly to the installation folder and now its showing version 1.1, but it seems to be functioning as version 1.0. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss here.
Thanks
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Did you install the laptop friendly one (manual installation), or the official one (automatic installation) ?
wormtyrant
Soldier

Post by wormtyrant »

I intially installed the automatic version. I currently have the updated version, which I installed myself. I wanted to take a look at the readme. I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong, especially since the game is showing version 1.1.

I noticed the Salamanca Historical Battle Timer adjusted to 25 minutes.

My ctrl buttons are both working, + and - signs are good.

Does the battle speed modifier work in quickgames as well as campaign games? What exactly happens when you slow or speed up the game? Does it visually slow down or does the timer just slow down. Is the difference so small that its hard too notice, even though that doesn't explain why ctrl v is not working. I don't think its even that big of a deal but now I'm obsessed. Thanks for your help!

(btw your spanish is very impressive)