csf delayed again and again

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Abir
Soldier

csf delayed again and again

Post by Abir »

So i have never seen such delayment. 1 year! Spring 2005 to spring 2006. Now i have doubt that will it ever publish CSF.The reason is that Pyro even does not made a full website of CSF. However, I have made a full detailed report about CSF including how many missions, missions descriptions, character abilties, game AI, gameplay, hotkeys, the real history of CSF etc. Any body intersted mail here: paul_machale@yahoo.com. however, i request iakovos to check his mail. I have seen at GAMESTATION.com that CSF will be released at 1st April.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

From the information that I have the game is
aiming for a winter 2006 release to be more precise the end of February.
The main reason it got delayed however was because of the merger with
SCi, they decided to push back all the major games.

I'm confident that it will come out, I've played it and it was already
very good, we should know more at the end of this month when preview
versions are send. It isn't that strange that their website doesn't
contain that much information if I remember correctly that was the case
with the older games as well. I believe we asked this question in our interview as well, as to what content to expect.
Abir
Soldier

CSF dealyment

Post by Abir »

You are right. I was just horrorstruck to see the news. I hope CSF will be released at the end of May or, at the start of June. Personally, i think pyro have realised that it is a clean suicide to release the at start of the year. So they are now upgrading the game and making more surprises for us.
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

it ok if it take longer they can make the game better..
it just that life is short and we can not get everythig...
Signature Commandos ruls
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Currently the game is scheduled for March.
Rutam
TAFN Founder

Post by Rutam »

It should be around Feb-March :)

Anyway we'll update everyone on the development of TAFN as well, so stay tuned and keep visiting :D
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

It's not sooner than March, trust me. I know things others don't. :roll:
Rutam
TAFN Founder

Post by Rutam »

sick wrote:It's not sooner than March, trust me. I know things others don't. :roll:
THE OTHERS! THE OTHERS ARE COMING!!!

(ok not too many LOST fans in here I guess)
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Rutam wrote:
sick wrote:It's not sooner than March, trust me. I know things others don't. :roll:
THE OTHERS! THE OTHERS ARE COMING!!!

(ok not too many LOST fans in here I guess)
At least the both of us :)
1shot1kill
Commando

Re: csf delayed again and again

Post by 1shot1kill »

Abir wrote:So i have never seen such delayment. 1 year! Spring 2005 to spring 2006. Now i have doubt that will it ever publish CSF.
Never heard of:
Half-Life 2?
Duke Nukem Forever?
Team Fortress 2?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Add Crash day to the list.

Anyways, don't worry, next year we will surely take Colonel George Brown behind enemy lines together with the rest of his team. :D
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

sick wrote:Add Crash day to the list.

Anyways, don't worry, next year we will surely take Colonel George Brown behind enemy lines together with the rest of his team. :D
haha, also Stalker. and doom was delayed quite a lot too...though i doubt you can say that since id soft. is smart enough not to say release days till they are done...everyone should follow their examples and release products once they think they are good and not rush and make them crappy...
Rutam
TAFN Founder

Post by Rutam »

David wrote:
sick wrote:Add Crash day to the list.

haha, also Stalker. and doom was delayed quite a lot too...though i doubt you can say that since id soft. is smart enough not to say release days till they are done...everyone should follow their examples and release products once they think they are good and not rush and make them crappy...
Well id should stop making games :) they should make game engines and sell them to more creative gamedevs. There are so many games under dev. that feel and look cooler than both d3 and q4 put together...
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Rutam wrote:
Well id should stop making games :) they should make game engines and sell them to more creative gamedevs. There are so many games under dev. that feel and look cooler than both d3 and q4 put together...
Then again if it comes to engines they're being beaten in the corner by Epic's Unreal Engine 3 engine :)
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

yeah which is not due for another year or so. :mrgreen:
its kind of lame to mak engine without game...just some short demo wouldnt be enough.
Rutam
TAFN Founder

Post by Rutam »

David wrote:yeah which is not due for another year or so. :mrgreen:
its kind of lame to mak engine without game...just some short demo wouldnt be enough.
Yeah, that is precisely what id does :)
make an engine, then make a lame attempt at creating a game :D
Puntakis
Soldier

Post by Puntakis »

Commandos Strike Force should be a great game. I am willing to wait for some time, if it will prove worth it. We do not want a game that is weak compared to the competitors on the market today, do we? I'd rather wait a year for the Legend to come out, than play a half finished game right now.

What about you guys?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

The only problem I can think of is bad marketing of the game. I've just received some new screenshots from Eidos (will put them up with our relaunch :)) and it looks absolutely amazing (graphics got improved, again.) I also enjoyed playing the game a lot at GME in London. Can't wait for it to come out. Since the game is currently scheduled for a March release, I'm sure they'll have plenty of time left to make this game more kick-assing than it already is.
Puntakis
Soldier

Post by Puntakis »

I agree that marketing is not very good. Whomever I asked (people who play games) they either don't seem to know CSF or heard of it, but surely do not know enough about it :?