Help for langue

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

duffyqc
Soldier

Help for langue

Post by duffyqc »

i have imperial glory in english but i am french can i change language in french whit a patch .. plz

Thanks
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I think when you install the game It gives you an option what lanugage you want the game, but I am not sure.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I believe there are two ways to do this, one by changing smth in the register, the other by changing some folder name maps which are in texto.pak. I'm at work atm so I'll get back to you when I get home. Not sure yet if I'll still be able to give a normal answer then; it's last day before xmas vacation today, so we're gonna have some beers after work. :p
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

when i install imperial glory he offer me only spanish and english language
:(

i have look '' texto.pak'' hehe i dunno whitch programme i need use for open this file > i am little nubs

Thanks for help
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Open it with WinRAR (download from www.rarlabs.com if you don't have it installed.) Extract the contents of texto.pak in the same folder as it's located (the installation folder of the game.) Tell me which folders are inside the folder "texto" you just extracted.
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

spanish , english and one file ''deftext.sb''

Thanks for help
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Download this file. Simply extract it's contents to the installation folder of the game.

This is the most simple way of changing the language (I renamed the folders "French" to "English" which is the folder the game will look for when executed.) I'll release a language pack soon which allows you to change the game to more languages. Gotta find that preview copy first though, I think my brother still has it in his messy bedroom. :-x
Last edited by TAFNsick on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

where i DL this file?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Click on "this" in my las message. ;) I underlined it now so it's easier to spot it.
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

thanks you very much
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

ok now when i open imperial glory the option text i see is like '' TEXT_UI_MAINMENU_CAMPAGNE''

And the folder u send me is not nemed ''french'' but english so i dont need rename it

:(
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Mmmmz thats just strange... I'll get back to this later, will have to find out where its going wrong.
duffyqc
Soldier

Post by duffyqc »

up
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Sorry for late reply. I think I just found out what's wrong. I guess you have the patch installed, right? No need for rolling back the version of the game, just extract all the contents of Data1.pak (which was created while installing the patch) in the installation folder. Then remove Data1.pak. Now extract the contents of IG_French.rar in the installation folder again. Click "yes to all" if it asks to overwrite. It should be working now. Once again sorry for the late reply, I'm kinda busy. :(