Demo feedback

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

@m
TAFN Staff

Demo feedback

Post by @m »

Ok guys & gals,

Time to put your constructive thoughts of the demo here, what did you like what would you like to see changed.

Post away :)
1shot1kill
Commando

Post by 1shot1kill »

mouse1 to kill with wire.
EchoRomeo
Soldier

Post by EchoRomeo »

I cant change the ingame rez.

It appears to be locked at 800x600. Am I missing something or is it a lame demo limit?
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Haven't posted here in a long time. Open the config folder in your commandos directory, then open the file JuegoVer.cfg (with something like wordpad) and change these lines:

.resolution ( 1280.000000 1024.000000 )
.resolutionNTSC ( 1280.000000 1024.000000 )

Those are originally set to 800 and 600, change them to your desired resolution. While you are at it you can change these as well:

.bMarketingWhenExit 0
.bLoadSaveEnable 1

Their use is quite self explanatory.

Edit: Oh and this one for an extras menu:

.bMenusExtrasActivo 1
EchoRomeo
Soldier

Post by EchoRomeo »

Thanks man! I was so pissed about this issue.

You saved the day!
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Good to see you again Snowden. I'm sure sick won't mind it if you post his uncoverings ;)
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

I played the demo and it rocks... the game play is exellent
for me the game play is most important it it have my expitation :)
the old commandos1 style game feeling is back.

my overall point 9/10
Last edited by ss666 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature Commandos ruls
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

@m wrote:Good to see you again Snowden. I'm sure sick won't mind it if you post his uncoverings ;)
Nah, I will let him post his own findings.

EchoRomeo: No problem mate.
jaywalker
Commando

Post by jaywalker »

EchoRomeo wrote:I cant change the ingame rez.

It appears to be locked at 800x600. Am I missing something or is it a lame demo limit?
is just a demo limit full game doesnt have this
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Read the news page it tells you how to change the resolution and a few other bits
Bertie
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

ss666 wrote:I played the demo and it rocks... the game play is exellent
for me the game play is most important it it have my expitation :)
the old commandos1 style game feeling is back.

my overall point 9/10
I will give 10/10 in any version of commandos. :mrgreen: Anyway, why don't you people start modding it? :D
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

I don't think the demo lives up to it's full potential. Everyone remembers commandos for being the game where you have to sneak around and kill people without anyone knowing what's happening. Although this is shown in the demo with the spy mission, it's not fantastic as it's seriously linear, and you don't get any options at all. I think once we get given the full sized proper maps the old commandos feeling will come back, where you end up co-ordinating attacks between commandos.

Sadly for pyro they have to include the first person shoot lots of Germans element, as that's what sells (especially on consoles). But all in all I think they've done it well, and no doubt it'll improve after this game, as it is their first venture into the first person genre.
Bertie
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

what they need to add and improve in next sequel
- improve the AI they must react better (they did not noticed me when i jump behind them)
- add fild of view in green same as c2,c3 had the view eye angel not only in the mini map
- improve the grafik maybe with unreal engine 3
- more maps
- all commandos must do drive vehicle , jeep, tank,truck etc..
- make the gus sound as real gus sound and load heavey

one of the important part don't forget to have the siren alerter that was in old commandos series.. the gurds see you then they make sound alram sire..
Last edited by ss666 on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Commandos ruls
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

ss666 wrote:- improve the grafik maybe with real engine 3
Do you mean Unreal Engine 3? If so that won't happen, since before you do anything it'd cost them £350,000 for the engine licence, and then they'd have to do an entire remake of the game! So don't bet anything on that!

As for the rest of the changes yes they could be done, even by the mod community.
Bertie
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Bertie wrote: As for the rest of the changes yes they could be done, even by the mod community.
Quite correct. I am looking forward to do those when I get the complete version of the game! :yes: Anyway, I have mentioned some more features which I will want in the next version in the "iakovos review" topic. As for the graphics engine, it might be possible since Pyro is not a poor studio. :D
Last edited by ss786 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Yeah they're not poor but a different engine won't happen until the next game is what I'm saying, they won't spend all that money and months and months of time converting CSF to UE3!
Bertie
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Yeah exactly.

Besides it's how you use the tools/engine ... Having looked at Red Orchestra Ostfront which uses Unreal Engine 3 it doesn't look better than CSF. This is judging from a trailer but well.
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Plus using UE3 will limit the number of people who can play it - I know for a fact my pc wouldn't run UE3 at the detail I can run the CSF engine
Bertie
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

one question dose csf have alarm sound alert i mean when the enemys solders see you can they rise the alarm same as old commandos...?

i really want this feuture it give the game very good challange... rise the alarm siren that can show up in left botton screen in red...
Signature Commandos ruls
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

ss666 wrote:one question dose csf have alarm sound alert i mean when the enemys solders see you can they rise the alarm same as old commandos...?

i really want this feuture it give the game very good challange... rise the alarm siren that can show up in left botton screen in red...
The alarm will be raised if you are seen by the enemy in certain missions. The consequence will differ on different types of mission. But basically, the patrols will leave their barracks and start looking for you, enemies will become alert like they have been in the previous versions. In some missions, your mission will fail since your target might escape... :) . Others cannot say but they might be done by modding. :D

Source:M.Souto, @m, sick.
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI