Commandos Mystery...

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

iakovos
Commandos Staff

Commandos Mystery...

Post by iakovos »

Hello all,

I was over at pczone site, reading one of the interviews about Commandos
Strike Force http://www.pczone.co.uk/news/news_story.php?id=122265

and the following segment got my attention:

Tell us something you haven't told anyone else about Commandos Strike Force.
Garcià: Hmmm, nice question. Okay, Commandos Strike Force will not be an
isolated game, but part of something else.

Any ideas on what Garcia is talking about? Anyone?

Cheers,

Iakovos:)
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Hmm no idea sometime to find out when we have a new interview opportunity.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

And a New Mystery...

Post by iakovos »

Espérons que ce report soit de bonne augure pour ce soft qui opérera un véritable virage dans la série puisqu'il mettra le joueur au coeur de l'action grâce à une vue à la première ou à la troisième personne (au choix) dans des missions se déroulant tour à tour en France, en Russie et en Norvège au cours de la Seconde Guerre Mondiale.
By reading okidoki's post I read the above. That means that by choice, the player will have the ability to change from 1st person viewing to 3rd person viewing and vice versa (the same was able for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight).

So, is this... for real? What do you think? Someone could actually play the game only in 3rd person view for instance?

ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Re: And a New Mystery...

Post by @m »

iakovos wrote:So, is this... for real? What do you think? Someone could actually play the game only in 3rd person view for instance?

I'll try to find it out :) I'll be going to to games market Europe and meet with the producers & devs there to talk about the game.
ss786
Sergeant

Re: Commandos Mystery...

Post by ss786 »

iakovos wrote:Hello all,
Any ideas on what Garcia is talking about? Anyone?
I think the developer diaries and the making of video will give you some light about this. My opinion is they have made csf based on the war of 1942. May be they are planning to make the next strike force based on the war of 1943. Then next one is about 1944 battlefield. And Ignacio said , "Commandos Strike Force is a piece of unfinished business". Maybe Pyro is working on something massive. We can only guess. Anyway, do you think csf 2 will feature maps on burma or, india and maybe russia, poland....:)
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Well... it is good to know that maybe an expansion will be at the making. But I can only guess that they are secretly developing another kind of game... perhaps futuristic... perhaps history based.

PS. As for additional maps... hope an editor will be available soon... that way we could create our own maps... maybe we could transfer some missions from the previous games to a first person view... i wish...
ISAAC ASIMOV
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

iakovos wrote: PS. As for additional maps... hope an editor will be available soon... that way we could create our own maps... maybe we could transfer some missions from the previous games to a first person view... i wish...
Umm, I am not so hopeful that they will release maps editors. Especially if they are planning to release expansion packs. And if they release those, may be we should try some maps from the previous games. It will be great if we succeed to do it. :D
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Hope always dies... last.

This game is in need of an expansion pack. Surely to re-introduce some older elements (cigarrettes packs for soldiers making them abandon their post etc. Not like in the game, where they just watch them and stand still for a while) and newer tactics. I'll be naming it the "C3 syndrome" in a future review of the game. Where you have actual things that work... and then you totally change them and make them useless.

ISAAC ASIMOV
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Yeah, the cigarette pack needs a patch. And the coins too. The enemies need to abandon their posts to investigate where did the sound comes from. Me too also hoping a map editor and an expansion pack. :)

But in fact, they might not release expansion packs. I think they will store them for csf2. You see, my mind says csf2 will feature battlefield 1943,44. Maybe they will feature some missions or, videos on the very begining of strike force! :D
-LEONARDO DA VINCI