ss786's intro mod

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

I have made another no intro mod for csf where you don't need to take the risk of renaming precious files. Well it will be online today if @m is fast enough. :(
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
Slippery Jim
Soldier

Post by Slippery Jim »

lol, oh yes, the intro movies are precious game files that can never be renamed back, lol. What a terrible risk that may involve your first born being horribly mutilated by the computer fan (heavy sarcasm).

It would be more useful to the community if you spent your time working on something else instead of replicating what someone else has already done.

It also would have been more respectful for the work that I put into it not to spam this thread and instead start your own thread. :roll:
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Hey jim. I did not discredit you. I simply sent my mod to tafn. Just surprising why it is taking so much time for them to upload the mod. And it's up to people to decide which one is better mod. So no argue, amigos. Be friendly which is good for forum. :D

P.S: I am also developing more mods. They will be released soon. :)
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I don't think we've received that particular mod I'd have to check.

However I do not see the point of it as indeed one already exists. And I don't see how your mod would utilise an other method than the afore mentioned.
Slippery Jim
Soldier

Post by Slippery Jim »

ss786, first of all you tried to suggest that it was danerous to rename the movie files. Second, you posted in my thread instead of starting your own which is just plain rude. If you are going to make mods then you need to show respect to what other people make also.

@m, it is possible he discovered a command switch that works by adding a "-nointro" type switch to a shortcut when starting the game. However I tested the "-nointro" tricl before I made my NoIntro tool and it didn't work.
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Slippery Jim wrote:ss786, first of all you tried to suggest that it was danerous to rename the movie files. Second, you posted in my thread instead of starting your own which is just plain rude. If you are going to make mods then you need to show respect to what other people make also.

@m, it is possible he discovered a command switch that works by adding a "-nointro" type switch to a shortcut when starting the game. However I tested the "-nointro" tricl before I made my NoIntro tool and it didn't work.
There is no risk in renaming files. However, I have made another .exe for csf which does not load intro files. :)

Anyway, I have mentioned the mod in this topic because I have upgraded the mod. And I found nothing wrong in upgrading any mod. :)
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
Slippery Jim
Soldier

Post by Slippery Jim »

I could post something about how dangerous using your .exe sounds but that would be taking your route.

You still don't get it about respecting fellow mod makers do you? Get your own thread. Sheesh.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Slippery Jim wrote:I could post something about how dangerous using your .exe sounds but that would be taking your route.

You still don't get it about respecting fellow mod makers do you? Get your own thread. Sheesh.
I've splitted it, each their own topic. Again I do not see the use of a second mode and since it's all new .exe this could lead to game troubles. Not to mention that in order to change things you probably did things with the exe that are prohibited by the game's EULA. I have nothing against your modding in fact I encourage it but perhaps it would be wiser to make new stuff :)