grapeshot

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

samuelmc
Soldier

grapeshot

Post by samuelmc »

is there any way to mod maybe the 6pdrs or the 12 pdrs to make them where they imitate firing grapeshot or canister instead of a ball?
samuelmc
Soldier

Post by samuelmc »

if it isnt possible to do that, is it possible to speed up the motion of the cannon balls, realistically, you wouldnt be able to see them flying through the air. would it be possible to make the 6 pounders or 12 pounders fire explosive shells like the howitzers and congreve rockets do?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Firstly, I've tried to make them shoot as grapeshot too but failed. I have no idea if it's possible.

Secondly, ... I have no idea. :p
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

Well from a numerical/mathematical/gameplay point of view it would be simple to simulate grapeshot (shotgun effect)by modding the artillerys range and damage(% accuracy?) settings.Just make the chosen weapon (6/12lb) lethal at close range but useless beyond that....
Of course from a graphical viewpoint its impossible- at least to me who cant even skin a uniform....
samuelmc
Soldier

Post by samuelmc »

even if the artillery was useless beyond close range that would be fine...i just think it would be awesome for the arty to have that effect. do you think there would be a way you could do that? I wouldnt even know where to start