most liked mission(first thred=)

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

the best39
Soldier

most liked mission(first thred=)

Post by the best39 »

what mission do you think was the best one? i think it was Saving private smith I thaught it wasnt to easy and wasnt to hard, so it got my vote=)
ziili
Commando

Post by ziili »

Castle Colditz | The Giant in Haiphong :wink:
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

IMO all the missions were good.. Even bonus + training missions. They are all equally spread out with considerably realistic objectives :)
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Night of the Wolves and Saving Private Ry... err Smith.
Øyvind
Sergeant

Post by Øyvind »

Castle Colditz
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

saving private smith.
Twitch
Soldier

Post by Twitch »

My all time favorite is Das Boot. SO many ways! Image
Image You take the one to port and I'll take the starboard one, Johnny- Don Gentile 1944
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

By far the toughest one was the invasion in bonus mission 4. As a proper mission Saving Private Smith was indeed the best of the lot with White Death nearly second. I loved the rain in it... most appropriate for France.
Savo Island for its exotic local was also nice and memorable.

Iakovos:)
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
Mesijs
Soldier

Post by Mesijs »

iakovos wrote:By far the toughest one was the invasion in bonus mission 4. As a proper mission Saving Private Smith was indeed the best of the lot with White Death nearly second. I loved the rain in it... most appropriate for France.
Savo Island for its exotic local was also nice and memorable.

Did you mean the invasion in Saving Private Smith? That's tough... I still have to complete it in Very Hard mode.

Saving Private Smith is my favourite. Great setting, great feeling, and a very great invasion, that's REALLY tough, unlike the rest of the game.

I also like all the bonus missions, because they're small and you could go rambo without getting a bad score.

But I liked a lot. I don't like Colditz because it's just TOO big. Also Paris is very unbalanced as you can just go to the tank and kill everyone.
Behind the enemy lines it's bad to be. I was there.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

No, I meant the invasion in bonus mission 4, in which you have to stop the incoming waves of enemy troops. That was indeed a hard thing to do, as you have not enough cover for all your men.

The invasion in Saving Private Smith was ok, but by using at least 40 or so anti-personnel mines, it gets a bit easier.

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
Stimor
Soldier

Post by Stimor »

Could possibly be Kwai, i did not like colditz either for it's freakishly large size (though i got my best merit in that mission +_-)
Bertie
TAFN Staff

Post by Bertie »

Yes I wasn't a big fan of colditz either - too many little rooms I prefer large outdoor maps!
Bertie
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

My favourite is the Giant in Haipong and Savo island for its nice graphics and underwater. Ah, I like to play underwater. :D
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
Ultrninja
Soldier

Post by Ultrninja »

the invasion(bonus mission 4) was easy, just give Duke an allied rifle and stick him in the bush, on attack mode

Ahem
the lines are the walls, the & are the bushes, the !'s are the corpses, and the % is your sniper

_____

/&&&
/&&& !! !!
/ % !! !!!!
PIE!
comamandoscarsking
Soldier

FAV MISSION

Post by comamandoscarsking »

MY FAVOURITE MISSION IS THE GIANT IN HAIPHONG. it was kinda authentic but needed more sailors... second WAIT 2.99 IS DADADAAAH PRIVATE RYAN (DAMN, BLAST) FLIPPIN SMITH I downloaded this thing of th enet somewhere and changed the haiphong tank to a new model.

The tank bonus mission is easy.i COMPLETED IT IN 1.02 Minutes or was it 2.01... All you do is destroy the SDKFZ On the right and then when the grenadiers came BANG!! Then i ran after thetank (north) set an AT mine, 2 gone 2 to go. the rest writes itself!!
Goodbye.
Over An Out
Bon Voyage
SCHOOL DINNERS
James
Mian
Soldier

Well ....

Post by Mian »

... I think if we talk of missions, 'Castle Colditz' was made intellectually. However, the bonus mission 4 was also good, as you were to set the ambushes intellegently.

As far as 'Saving Private Smith' is concerned, it was reletively easy, however I lost stars for 'neutralizing enemies without killing' and 'neutralizing enemies without shooting' when I killed all the fighting enemies (the other side of bridge) by firing or whatever (I play for stars and ranks - I am FIELD-MARSHALL in Commandos 1 and 2)- so I had to knock them out all so as to get all the stars !! this made this mission fun this way !!

you can have a look at the sixth pic of my album here

http://groups.msn.com/Miansgroup/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

:roll:
It is not over until it is over !
Terror
Soldier

Post by Terror »

Giant in Haiphong and the Aircraft Carrier.
Lord-Ironfist
Soldier

Post by Lord-Ironfist »

I haven't played Commandos 2 in forever but the last time I did I really liked Das Boot, and Saving Private Smith.
lordserpent
Soldier

Post by lordserpent »

DAS BOOT and the last mission and that bridge mission