BEL and BCOD patches and Windows 7

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

smeghead999
Soldier

BEL and BCOD patches and Windows 7

Post by smeghead999 »

Hi Everyone;

I’d like to install the two patches for the earlier commandos series so that they will be compatible with Windows 7.

The patch for Behind Enemy lines is WinXP CBEL.rar and the one for Beyond the Call of Duty is WinXP CBtCoD.rar.

The problem is that there are no instructions given when these are decompressed. In each case there is either a setup.exe file or an install.exe file, and when I tried to run the one for Behind Enemy Lines I got a message saying “Commandos is already installed do you want to re-install it”?

What gives? All other patches I have dealt with in the past did not require me to re-install the game.

Can anyone please provide me with clear and detailed instructions on how to install these 2 patches? Both games are already installed and run OK in Windows 7 but I keep getting crashes part way through some missions and want to avoid the frustration this causes.

Thanks very much to all who take the time to reply
Smeghead999
addnecro
Soldier

Post by addnecro »

how do you get the game to work in windows 7? My graphics ALWAYS screws up while scrolling down/after 30 seconds.
ss666
Lieutenant

Post by ss666 »

Win7 is not supported for the old Commandos games. How ever most old games works fine under win7 32bit version.

What you can do is to try run the game under compatibility mode (XP or win95) see if it helps.

You can extract the files manually from setup exe if you have winrar/winzip installed right click it and select open with winrar. Once extracted copy it to your install dir and over write.

There was some one else that have similar problem see:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=101849

There is no need for detailed instructions just run the setup and update.
CBEL System Requirements

Minimum: IBM PC or 100% compatible, Windows 9X/ME, Pentium II 300 MHz (or equivalent), 64 MB RAM, 100% DirectX® 8 compatible 3D Accelerator card with at least 12 MB VRAM, 100% DirectX® 8 compatible (or higher) Sound card, DirectX® 8 (DirectX 8.0a included), 2 GB uncompressed hard drive space, 100% Windows 95/98 compatible Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended: Pentium II 450 MHz, Windows 98SE/ME, 128 MB RAM, 100% DirectX® 8 compatible 3D Accelerator card with 32 MB VRAM, 3 GB uncompressed hard drive space

If you still have problem to run the game there is another solution try test "Microsoft Virtual PC 2007" with that you can install old Windows 98
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Signature Commandos ruls