Cannot post on the Official Imperial Glory Forums Thread.

Everything that is unrelated to the games by Pyro Studios goes here as wel as site feedback.

Moderator: TAFN staff

giskard
Sergeant

Cannot post on the Official Imperial Glory Forums Thread.

Post by giskard »

Hello all.

Hengis showed me I was not alone when I when I found i could not post on the official Imperial Glory Forums, even though I could login in.

I know there is totally stupid number of thread views vs posts over there so I know there is more people with this problem. I also know emails to the admin do not get the problem solved and no reply is ever recieved.

So if you one of those who can login to the official IG forums but cannot post then post your Official Imperial Glory forum login name below.

Just your login name.

DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD.
I do not need to know it and I am not the guy who will be fixing your problem.

All I am going to do is make a post over there and link back this thread so the Eidos forum admins can see your user names. Its the only way to let them know the names of the people affected that will work that I know of.

Assuming they read the post I made that is.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

Great idea, Giskard.

Although I think you and I are in trouble over there now. :)

TT
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

My username is Hengist_Sharpe
(somebody already had Hengist).

I can login but cannot post and haven't received any replies to any of the 6 emails I've sent them.

This is what happens everytime I try to post...

Hengist_Sharpe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've actually emailed that to them several times... but still no reply back.
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

It happened to me too for a couple of weeks. Then a kind soul here at TAFN contacted someone with some "power" over at Eidos and it was fixed.

I never got my e-mail confirmation, as many have not. Hang in there. Maybe someone with a connection will read this thread and get you in.

TT
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I'll point the admins to this thread, hengist I'll have a look at your account and ask to set you to register should it be necessary.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Time Traveler:

I do not think we are trouble, I think the post just caught Mike by surprise. Lets face it, he is the admin. :)

I know for a fact its not the spam filters at my end this time, even though Mike is right. It usually is a spam filter problem. My own experience told me to check those first and I did.

Giskard
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

Thank you @m, it's very much appreciated.
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

giskard wrote:Time Traveler:

I do not think we are trouble, I think the post just caught Mike by surprise. Lets face it, he is the admin. :)

I know for a fact its not the spam filters at my end this time, even though Mike is right. It usually is a spam filter problem. My own experience told me to check those first and I did.

Giskard
I hope you're right. However, something needed to be pointed out over there, and I decoded to step in in your defense.

I have no spam blocker whatsoever here, or does my ISP. I never did receive my confirmation e-mail. Which is what their problem is, aside from no way useful to contact them.

Onward we go.

TT
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Time Traveler: I never did thank you for that did I ?

Thanks Bud.

Things can only improve once people know there is a problem.
Trouble is, emails fast becoming too painful to use with all the spam and viruses. I know i dont use it nearly as much as i used too. In fact if you look at my site you will notice I use the pm system for communications these days.

No spam on PM :)

Giskard
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Hengist_Sharpe account is registered now.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I moved this thread to this place as in this forum don't need to be registered to post their request.

Post by Guest »

my username is:

souljar4christ

giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

M: Thanks,
It should not be a problem since i linked directly to this thread.

Giskard
FyreSyder
Soldier

Post by FyreSyder »

My username at Eidos is:

FyreSyder

Hopefully they will fix this.

EDIT: Wow, I just found out that this thread is SIX YEARS OLD. Wow, I am never going to be able to post on the Eidos forum......
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan.