Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty CD Insert issue

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

lumo
Soldier

Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty CD Insert issue

Post by lumo »

Hello. Been a long time Commandos fan and first time visitor to this site. I have one question if I could get some help with it.

After installed both Commandos BEL and BCOD, I find that when trying to play BCOD, it asks me to insert the cd which is already in. In order to get the game going, I first have to insert the BEL cd followed by the BCOD cd.

I searched the internet and found various forums discussing this issue. It seems to have been resolved by Eidos with a patch, but visiting their website there is no such thing available.

Can someone help me out, as I can play the game, its just real annoying to do the disc swapping each time I want to load/reload the game.

Thanks
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Hello there!

On what system are you playing this? Windows xp/vista/7 ?

And how did you install the game? Did you use the special installer or were you able to install it normally?

Sounds like somewhere something went wrong during the install.

I came across the following thread in the steam forums:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... t=ultimate

Which claims to be an ultimate fix for the commandos games. It doesn't specify what it does though, but I guess it's worth a try.

Looks like all you need to do is backup your files and replace them with the content of that file.

Let us know if it helps. As an alternative I guess you could try contacting Eidos/Square Enix support to check if they still have that fix available.

Let us know how it goes!
lumo
Soldier

Post by lumo »

Hello @m,

I have Vista. I installed the games normal, straight of the retail disc's. I installed one after the other.

That link you provided is apparently for the steam versions of the game, also when I clicked that link, I have to signup to a site in order to be able to download it.

Since that expansion was meant as a stand alone game, I'll just install it by itself once I'm done playing BEL and see if that works fine.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it.