FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty CD Insert issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Commandos Mobile, Imperial Glory, Praetorians and more! Forum Index -> Commandos series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

lumo
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty CD Insert issue Reply with quote

Hello. Been a long time Commandos fan and first time visitor to this site. I have one question if I could get some help with it.

After installed both Commandos BEL and BCOD, I find that when trying to play BCOD, it asks me to insert the cd which is already in. In order to get the game going, I first have to insert the BEL cd followed by the BCOD cd.

I searched the internet and found various forums discussing this issue. It seems to have been resolved by Eidos with a patch, but visiting their website there is no such thing available.

Can someone help me out, as I can play the game, its just real annoying to do the disc swapping each time I want to load/reload the game.

Thanks

@m
TAFN Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!

On what system are you playing this? Windows xp/vista/7 ?

And how did you install the game? Did you use the special installer or were you able to install it normally?

Sounds like somewhere something went wrong during the install.

I came across the following thread in the steam forums:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2700095&highlight=ultimate

Which claims to be an ultimate fix for the commandos games. It doesn't specify what it does though, but I guess it's worth a try.

Looks like all you need to do is backup your files and replace them with the content of that file.

Let us know if it helps. As an alternative I guess you could try contacting Eidos/Square Enix support to check if they still have that fix available.

Let us know how it goes!

lumo
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello @m,

I have Vista. I installed the games normal, straight of the retail disc's. I installed one after the other.

That link you provided is apparently for the steam versions of the game, also when I clicked that link, I have to signup to a site in order to be able to download it.

Since that expansion was meant as a stand alone game, I'll just install it by itself once I'm done playing BEL and see if that works fine.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Commandos Mobile, Imperial Glory, Praetorians and more! Forum Index -> Commandos series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: