Can't play Praetorians!!!

With Praetorians, a brilliant strategy game, Pyro Studios once again delivered a game that drastically changes the genre.

Moderator: TAFN staff

olivermwarner
Soldier

Can't play Praetorians!!!

Post by olivermwarner »

Please help. When I launch the game I get a small white square at the center of the screen. Nothing loads. After a while I get a Windows Error Report and have to close it. I have tried reinstalling numerous amounts of time the same thing happens. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks :-)
olivermwarner
Soldier

Post by olivermwarner »

Plz reply.... :-(
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Only thing I can suggest is make sure your drivers are up to date, read the windows error report and do a google search to see if other people had a similar issue.

If the error report is not clear or doesn't contain a useful message, check your event viewer to see what messages it has. If the game crashes something should be in there. To start event viewer:

windows button + r
or start button and execute (?)

then type: eventvwr
Jim090
Soldier

Post by Jim090 »

What windows do you have?Also what installer did you use?Currently I think there are three official installers (from the original cd, from http://www.gog.com/gamecard/praetorians , and from http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PRAEDGF/praetorians).There are also a lot of user created installers in different torrent sites, well if you used one of them maybe that's the problem.Anyway plz reply asap in order for me to suggest a solution.
Last edited by Jim090 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim090
Soldier

Post by Jim090 »

Also can you tell me your computer specification?Do you use a laptop or a netbook?