Commandos 2 Developer Mode revealed!

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

Jovan
TAFN Staff

Commandos 2 Developer Mode revealed!

Post by Jovan »

Well, I couldn't stop myself from showing you guys these... Origially Tom sent me some files in chinese which I had to change back to spanish to be fully understood, and took these screenshots to show off some of the rendering / editing power of C2. Enjoy:

#1 - Showing off Coordinates system, Field of Vision, height, and object displecements...

#2 - Showing off positions of everything, numbers, names.

#3 - Showing off tree height, cables, and movement paths.

#4 - Showing off a fully-rotatable system with height, and some collision, unfortunatly, you can only spin it when low-rendered.
1shot1kill
Commando

Post by 1shot1kill »

Isn't that Commandos 3?
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

1shot1kill wrote:Isn't that Commandos 3?
Shame on you!!!! :lol:

good achievement Jovan....i only could do that in c2 demo.
1shot1kill
Commando

Post by 1shot1kill »

I'm talking about that last screenshot, i don't remember seeing that kind of wall in C2, only in C3.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

All these screenshots have been made in the first training mission of C2. The last screen shows the map 180 degrees rotated.
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

As you can see all 4 screenshots have the fence and trees area. I think thats proof enough :)
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Awesome, finally working in the full game... :)
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

Snowden.. BE ON MSN MORE! -.- i know you're busy, but cmon ;)
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Hmm yeah maybe I should... :)
Mesijs
Soldier

Post by Mesijs »

Is it possible to make all the C2 missions in the game be fully rotatable?
Behind the enemy lines it's bad to be. I was there.
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Mesijs wrote:Is it possible to make all the C2 missions in the game be fully rotatable?
You can only do it with c2 debug but pity you will not see the scenario. Only objects will be displayed. :wink:
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

The interiors of C2 should be fully rotatable though, same as in C3. For some reason Pyro locked that, no idea why. :?
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

sick wrote:The interiors of C2 should be fully rotatable though, same as in C3. For some reason Pyro locked that, no idea why. :?
You can rotate the exterior without the c2 debug. :yes: Open the .bas file of your desired mission and change the line .TIPO 2D into .TIPO 3D. As for the interior, I do not know whether this is their inability or, they locked it. But you can play c2 in c3 engine. It's easy. Simply run them in c3 engine. :wink: That’s how I am implementing new scenarios in my next mod. C2 interiors run in c3 engine but c3 interiors do not run in c2 engine. Wondering how to run c2 exteriors in c3 engine. It is basically impossible since c2 exterior resolution is 640*480 and c3 resolution is 800*600. But I am trying it by hex editor. It will be a cool mod if you can make a good use of those interiors and make a huge story based mod like me. Anything else? :D
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Correct about rotating exteriors. But what I meant was rotating the interiors both over the x and z axle (as in C3.) It should be possible since it's also possible in the C2 demo...

About implementing C2 interiors into C3: correct as well. I never got it to work properly though, since sometimes walls were messed up... :?

Btw, I haven't replied to your email yet. Gimme some more time (I know, delaying again, sorry.) Stupid school. :x
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

sick wrote:I never got it to work properly though, since sometimes walls were messed up... :?
Correct that you have not succeeded to work with it properly. :? I run them nicely and no wall messing and you have to add windows and doors to make them completely implementable. I did not play the c2 demo so I do not know about that. But I try to find the mystery when I get some time. Whatsoever, those interiors run nicely in c3 engine and I think the need of trying them in c2 engine has removed since you can only see the objects in c2 where you get the full scenario in c3. :D
-LEONARDO DA VINCI
E'ven
Soldier

Post by E'ven »

ss786 wrote: You can rotate the exterior without the c2 debug. :yes: Open the .bas file of your desired mission and change the line .TIPO 2D into .TIPO 3D.
A bit late maybe but can anyone tell me how this works? I used core extractor to get .bas files but fail to find a .TIPO 2D text. Can't find it in any other mission file either.
xetrivity
Soldier

comm 2 debug

Post by xetrivity »

if you edit default comm2.exe file (or debug one) in "resource hacker" or "pe explorer" you can see that there are thousands of options there.
you can practically make whole new maps from scratch.
Unfortunately all those options are disabled.
is there any way to enable those options?