Commandos mobile game trailer

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

iakovos
Commandos Staff

Commandos mobile game trailer

Post by iakovos »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V848qmA3f7s

It looks like the Chinese developer Kidjoy Studio is remaking missions from the previous games.

Cheers,
Iakovos:)
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Thanks for sharing.

I wasn't really interested in tablet like Commandos to begin with as to be honest I just couldn't see it working with a RTT game, but seeing as now they didn't even went to create new missions and stuff makes it certain I'll pass.

Did Pyro decide then to let someone else make the game?

At this point for pc gamers who are still fan of the genre, if you haven't already check out Shadow Tactics. They are working on a sequel in the same genre too but in a different setting if I recall.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Tbh, neither was I. I was excited with the new screens a few years ago, but as it seems, they are just importing the old games to a new medium.

From the artwork screens there seems to be a new character (the blond with the Russian uniform), unless it is Natasha in disguise.

I saw different videos of Blades of the Shogun Shadow Tactics and I decided a few days ago to get the game. Then I got a bit of nostalgia remembering that I had played only early versions of Commandos 2 Destination Paris (like version 1.32), and when I realized that version 1.45 has so much added content than previously released, I downloaded the latest version again.

It's been a while but I still love Commandos.

Cheers,
Iakovos:)
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Yes I noticed that there was an additional character, the blonde woman. I don't think it's Natasha but we'll have to wait and see if they did add something original after all.

I do too still love the Commandos series but at this point I'm convinced in order to experience it today ,we have to look to the makers of Shadow Tactics and the modding community.