So what happened after all?

With Praetorians, a brilliant strategy game, Pyro Studios once again delivered a game that drastically changes the genre.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Jim090
Soldier

So what happened after all?

Post by Jim090 »

It's been ten years and I don't really remember the answer anymore, from pyros studios, about the game's sequel.Can somebody remind me? I remember reading somewhere that the game had good sales but not good enough for a sequel apparently. I mean they could have just made an expansion of it without
adding anything important or new and I'm sure many guys would have been running to the stores to buy it and I mean MANY!Even an add-on would have been able to "awake the sleeping commmunity" and make people return once again....Anyway as a game it always had a bad advertising in my opinion, but when viewed and played most players would praise it for its unique gameplay.

As for pyro studios or better pyro mobile now, does anybody know if we will ever see a new pc game title again? preferably strategy genre? I would really like to discuss the above guys, so if anyone knows, please join in the conversation.

NOTE:I will post this both on eidos and praetoriansfansite forum.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I don't know why they didn't make a sequel or expansion either. It got decent reviews and I found it an enjoyable and challenging game. Maybe it didn't sell enough or maybe Pyro wanted to do something else?

As for new pc strategy games I can only guess but with Pyro officially becoming Pyro Mobile and their latest games also being in the social space I don't really have a high hope of seeing a new strategy game. I don't really think the mobile market is aimed at the strategy genre, I think they are more geared towards easy to step in games, to fill the time.

But hopefully I'm wrong.
Jim090
Soldier

Post by Jim090 »

And what about the message in praetoriansfansite main page where it asks to vote for a praetorians add-on? What happened with that? When was that posted and when was the voting finished? :?
Jim090
Soldier

Post by Jim090 »

Aha and here it is about the sales, : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian ... #Marketing
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

I don't remember when that poll was put up but I'm sure it was quite a while ago. Can't check because I don't remember my password for the poll administration tool.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

The poll is from December 30th 2005. I see it throws an error after casting a vote... gotta fix that!
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Weird, works fine for me in Opera, Firefox and IE10.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

It was a quick fix. ;)