A few Questions that are not answerd in the F.A.Q!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Hurricane
Sergeant

A few Questions that are not answerd in the F.A.Q!

Post by Hurricane »

Hi! I am new Here and I got a few questions that is not answerd in F.A.Q!

-It stands that the release date is q3 is this the same 3/3-05?

-Does the release date count for USA or USA and Europe?( If the release date is one month later in Europe then i will consider to go and hang my self :x )

-Has there been set a date for a demo release?

Sorry for any spellings mistakes, english is my second language!
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Hejsan!!

Q3 means 3rd quarter of the year. One year can be split up in 4 quarters so it means the game is currently scheduled for a realease in July, August or September. There are most probably 2 or 3 weeks between the USA and Europe release, but nothing is know about this for the moment. The demo will be released about a month before the game release.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

Butt it stands in the gamspot web site that it is gona be realised in 3/3/05
http://www.gamespot.com/finder/findgames.html

Check out that link there it stands
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness-Aristotle
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Never believe what game sites and game retailers say, never. The only official date can be found in official press releases, but even then you should count up some months to it. :)

The following information comes from this press release:
This will add to the already heavily weighted and strong second half release line-up which will see Project: Snowblind and Imperial Glory release in Q3 and Just Cause, 25 to Life and Commandos Strike Force, together with the eagerly awaited next in the series of Hitman and Lara Croft Tomb Raider, all currently scheduled for Q4 release.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

I dont want to start a fught over this so dont take this as an insulense!

But a thought struck me if you go to gamespot and look at the things they have for IG then you see a deevelpors interwiev. Here a produce from Eidos and says that: IG is due to ship early in 2005!

Look at this link http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/2438 ... site=GSBUY du you really think that EB; games would miss that much on the relise date ?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

EB Games isn't Eidos, so they can't know when the game will be released, not even Eidos, nor Pyro Studios can say for sure. Like I said, don't believe game retailers. Q3 release is pretty accurate, but I think it will be Q4 in the end.

And yes, I did see the video interview, I did hear one of the developers saying the game is scheduled for an early 2005 release, but that doesn't means he is speaking the truth. Balancing and finding bugs takes a lot of time which causes most of the delay, sometimes bug fixes cause new bugs.

Most time it's best to add 2 or 3 quarters up to the release date that is stated in the announcement of a game.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

EB games can`t just say that they will shipp the game home to you the 03/03/2005. If they don`t know for shure. They are a pritty serius company.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

It's Q3 2005, believe me. Eidos is an official source, EB Games isn't. Eidos makes the release date, EB Games just takes that release date over, but up untill now they didn't take over the release date in that official press release.

One of the questions in our interview with Pyro Studios will surely be when the game hits the shelves. They are not going to say 3rd of March, it will be a date in Q3. Just wait and see. :wink:
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

If you are right, then I will go and hang my self :x
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/games ... l?gmid=156

Is this an official link, because heare it says that it is gona be released in April.
Lord Dawson
Soldier

Post by Lord Dawson »

The release date is the least of my trouble i am patiently awaiting yes but i want this demo they speak of. I am dying i havent been able to find it anywhere and even on this great site for imperial glory they spoke of some exclusive and wonderful treats but that was almost two weeks i think. How long must i wat for my demo i demand demo well i beg please for demo?
No one holds command over me.
No man No god No Prince.
What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal?
What is a claim of power for ones who defy death?
Call your damnable hunt.
We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me
- Günter Dörn
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Lord Dawson wrote:The release date is the least of my trouble i am patiently awaiting yes but i want this demo they speak of. I am dying i havent been able to find it anywhere and even on this great site for imperial glory they spoke of some exclusive and wonderful treats but that was almost two weeks i think. How long must i wat for my demo i demand demo well i beg please for demo?
For those exclusive things we had to wait ourselves until the man responsible for that is back in the office.

As far as the demo goes, it hasn't been released on any site at the moment. Though it is said that it will be included on the DVD of Project: Snowblind. When the game's out here we'll have the demo online very shortly.
Lord Dawson
Soldier

Post by Lord Dawson »

Thanks for the quick reply and im terribly dissapointed in the wait for the demo but hey i can make it this game is amazing i know it is going o be good no mater what troubles there can be in the future. Also i love this site you are the number once source of screenshots and art work on the net and have the most movies either linked or availble i thank you for your service to the community and myself.
No one holds command over me.
No man No god No Prince.
What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal?
What is a claim of power for ones who defy death?
Call your damnable hunt.
We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me
- Günter Dörn
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Lord Dawson wrote:Thanks for the quick reply and im terribly dissapointed in the wait for the demo but hey i can make it this game is amazing i know it is going o be good no mater what troubles there can be in the future. Also i love this site you are the number once source of screenshots and art work on the net and have the most movies either linked or availble i thank you for your service to the community and myself.
Yes you are right the demo is taking long, but in the end it's better that they plish it up good rather than than putting out some buggy beta like demo. That wouldn't give a good impression of the game.

Thanks for your kind words about the site, we do our best and in the end it's people like you we do it for.
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

hey,
I have question and I didn't find the reply in the faq -
Are the other nations (not including empires) having their own military units - I mean are f.e - Belgium units based on French troopers or they have their own graphic design ?
If so, I wonder if someone would do mod with other countries just like in Rome where u could play f.e Macedonia which was unplayable faction in original game.