Demo feedback

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

A mark of any good commander is how to best use the terain and knowledge of terrain saves the day.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Post by Les The Lionheart »

Not always the mark of a good commander is only revealed through adversity . And also the troops win the day sometimes even if the generals screw it up.
God is not on the side of the big battalions but of the best shots.
A hero is a man that is afraid to run away.

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

A hero is a man afraid to run away.
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Quite true, quite true. But let us not forget the Battle of Gettyburg during the American Civil War. When General Picket ( Confederate ) charged the union center to break them 10,000 were killed in that Charge , Picket's Charge. And why, good positoning.

Are we in agreement however Les that it would be nice to survey terrain in pause mode?
Les The Lionheart
Captain

The video helps survery terrain . And the pause is plausibile because armies may face each other for days in which you could look at the terrain .

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Somehow I knew I could count on you. :D

I hope we can play online together when the game comes out, great to meet cool people like your self.

:wink:
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Thanx man nice to meet someone who likes history like me . When general ♥♥♥♥ up , balaclava and ww1 yet they still were won. If you want to register on my clan site not to join clan just to talk then the address is http://s10.invisionfree.com/ColdStreamGuards/index.php

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Hi Les,
It's nice to meet you too. I look forward to checking your page, looks really nice 8)

You'll have to excuse me, but dinner was a little heavy so I got to rest for a while. Talk to you soon.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

You had a full roman dinner then . Sick buckets and all hehe .

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

8) Yep, sure was a large dinner, fried eggplant, fried steak and roasted potatoes and cabbage with onions. You know I was done for. :mrgreen:
Les The Lionheart
Captain

I will go with steak and chips and roasties myself . What is an eggplant is that sort of like a shampoo.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Hah, eggplant is a black large vegetable in th shape of an egg kind of, kinda large. Actually it's quite nice breaded and deep fried, with a nice blue cheese dipping sauce. Kind of like zuchinii.

Do you think the developers will be doing an expansion pack, with other countries?
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Maybe if they think they can get enough money for it . Depends on the community and how many people buy this game. Really depends on sucess and feedback. But they might of planned to have one or decided no but since first game not out they not said anything.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Sounds good. I for one can't wait till the game comes out. So... Which empire will you be playing as first and who will you be taking out first? I'm thinking either England or France. Then maybe Russia.
Lord Dawson
Soldier

Post by Lord Dawson »

Russia first for me i have ben a king i have been an emperor NOW I TSAR DAVID shall bring mother russia into her golden age
No one holds command over me.
No man No god No Prince.
What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal?
What is a claim of power for ones who defy death?
Call your damnable hunt.
We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me
- Günter Dörn
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Watch out for the Turks !!! :D
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Say, wouldn't it be cool to do the battle from Shaka Zulu ? A few good englishman surounded by hourds of indians!!
Lord Dawson
Soldier

Post by Lord Dawson »

I dont remember the exact quote or preveiw but im most looking forward to the battle of boridino between the french and the russians the final battle of Frances greatness
No one holds command over me.
No man No god No Prince.
What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal?
What is a claim of power for ones who defy death?
Call your damnable hunt.
We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me
- Günter Dörn
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I'll choose the Empire on top and work down the list. :)
Les The Lionheart
Captain

I want waterloo, balaclava ,the seige of Bajoz ,seige of citidael Fodrigo , The battle of Salamanca , The battle of Virmero , The battle of Talevera , The battle of Vitoria. And all the rest , are they doing famous ship battles like the nile and trafalgar.

Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Anyone notice that these forums, compared to the offical ones are much more friendlier? They are really ripping the demo in the offical forums, while here we got got guys posting their thoughs, some disagree others do not and others talking about tactics.
Im not taking sides over the demo lovers or the haters, but overall this forum is a much friendlier atmosphere.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Because it only nice people come on here . Or intelligent people . Or both . And that what makes it nice . I mean tafn team really nice and anyone you wants to be a pain cannot be bothered to spam here when people being kind , they only do it for attention and to anoy others.

ArchdukeMagyar
Sergeant

Austria

Post by ArchdukeMagyar »

Personally I will probably play as Austro-Hungary. One of my major issues with the game is the inaccuracy of the name 'Austria' concerning the dual-monarchy, which was an equal partnership.

I am pleased that Hungarian Troops were included, but the majority of soldiers were Hungarian (historically) not of German descent. This was only by a small percentage (something like 46% magyar, 44% German (Austrian), The rest other minorities) but it's not a huge complaint.

Is it me, or does anyone else think the developers haven't really spent much time on the Austro-Hungarian faction. Austro-Hungary's cavalry was the best in Europe, and looking at the stats, Britain (who had comparitively ill-skilled cavalry if my history is correct) has cavalry with a similar rating. Another minor complaint.

It just seemed to me that Austrian troops in the demo were inferior, even when I moved the austrian troops onto superior terrain.

I think the controls could probably be improved as well.

Having said all this, the campaign side of things looks very good and the graphics were excellent. I also thought that the infantry and inaccuracy of the artillery was realistic. Does anyone else think the cavalry is a little too weak, and that charges could be improved?
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

Vell said. Just got to say that before this "flow" started, it was realy nice then, on the eidos forum! But now there are just people who dont know the beloved search bottun :(
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness-Aristotle
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

I have to say, Archduke, you are judging Austria on a demo which has the very worst units. For all you know the British calvary may have been the best in the army and the Austrian calvary may have been the worst for the country. As for the soldiers being Hungarian, how doy uo know the aren't. All it says is that they are from the empire of Austria.

Overall, I think you are a tad over zealoused about the Austians and and tad bit overworked about an extemly minor problem, if even a problem at that. Settle down and wait for the game. If you don't want to worry about getting th game and not likeing it, ask someone online about how it is and the FULL version and then decide. I am sure when this comes out many will be atlking about how good it it, especially with Pyro holding it back a month.
ArchdukeMagyar
Sergeant

Post by ArchdukeMagyar »

See my thread on Empires- the game claims to be so terribly accurate from a historical perspective. I think that cavalry charges need work, and that the empire of Austria is an inaccurate name. As I said on that thread, it's like calling GB England or Prussia Germany...it's simply oxymoronic to claim that the units and empires are "faithfully recreated" and then call the Empire Austria.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Firstly english cav was not that bad . Secondly the cav is able to charge through sqaures if the square is infront of the thing the cav is sent to attack . Riflmen wore green . English armies didn't have lancers up till 1845 and then they were in India. The blackwatch were not the best English regiment. The skirmishers do not have a skirmish chain which is weird . The riflemen have stupid ranges . They cannot fire as far as they should. The reload times are screwed . cannons unlimbering is to fast . Only one type of shell , no case shot , Englands secret weapon with artillery. COngreves rockets were only used once or twice , there was not a lot and they were useless. So not only Austro - Hungry is screwed.

TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Cavalry charges can be better indeed, it's also a bit weird that you can't slaughter fleeing enemies, isn't it?

About the Austrians in the demo: remember, they are in the minority, and it's very important to use group tactics if you want to beat the Englishmen.
ArchdukeMagyar
Sergeant

Post by ArchdukeMagyar »

They are the majority in Cy...but in addition to this, I still think they're poorly represented. It seems as if the game itself has been rushed and might be a bit of a let down, if If I'm honest.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Is it surprising , at least tehy accurate by making the British troops th best, Not big headed but true, they were rarely beaten.

ArchdukeMagyar
Sergeant

Post by ArchdukeMagyar »

British had the best standard infantry, but Austro-hungarian cavalry was better and the elite of the Austro-Hungarian army were no pushover. I hope the Russian Infantry proves to be worst but they get larger units! Bah, we can only dream for such realism. The austro-Hungarian army itself was very biased towards cavalry, and Hungary had a huge equestrian culture.

This aside, they were by no means awful when it came to infantry. I think that the square should only be allowed to be used by the British and where are the Coldstream Guards?