Official xbox magazine (uk) preview

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

quantic
Soldier

Official xbox magazine (uk) preview

Post by quantic »

4 page preview with some extra screenies. They like it a lot.

A few key points:

Switching between characters is achieved using a HUD area Pyros call the Dramatic window. It's a real-time screen acting as a monitor for the second controllable character's view. When you don't control a character artificial intelligence takes over but that will be fairly ineffective; deliberately.

The mag is very disappointed at the lack of co-op

They are very impressed with the sniper stating how amazed they are the character will be able to attach a magnified sight to his rifle and actually zoom in on more distant enemies for exceptionally accurate takedowns. They like the bullet time.breath hold moment and the stiletto knives he will be able to throw.

They find it bizzare that bodies will simply disappear after the uniforms are stripped and think its a lazy gameplay solution.

There will be a revenge theme one of the commandos father being killed by a high ranking nazi.

They thiink the levels are all different and sumptuous and find the great tactical freedom offered within a great bonus. French campaign will be rural beginning with an airdrop. Stalingrad will be a snipers warren and Norway will be snowy raids on heavy water plants like in the heroes of telemark.

No co-op but deathmatch and team deathmatch for up to 8 players. Downloadable content after release.

Overall they think it will be a worthy competitor to the heavy weights this year.

Some lovely screenies of Stalingrad there.
Snowden
Commando

Post by Snowden »

Thanks for the heads up, sounds pretty good to me. I was sure C3 would turn out terrible but after this little preview I am not so sure anymore.