Hi

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Les The Lionheart
Captain

Hi

Post by Les The Lionheart »

I see each of your points on the one hand i am going to buy the game despite is faults . But the faults should be voiced , bitching isn't helping at all , for instance i understand their uniform problems but still there are units that did not exist . Britan didn't have lancers untill 10 years after Waterloo and they stayed in India were they where made , The 1St Bengal lancers , There are no alternative shells only normal shot and different shells were used in American conquest yars ago , so not to hard to implement. Then we come to ranges and reload times average reload of a british musket was 20 seconds a shot for others countries 30 seconds depending on the musket and qauility of troops , however for rifles it should be 35 seconds and should have a range of 150 meters , the best shots could hit a small target at 250.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

Hi, I pritty much agree with you on what you say. But this game goes beyond 10 years after waterloo. So I do think that you have to reserch them to get them. If you look at the screenshots you will see that there is samothing called: 1 era, 2 era ,3 er. I am shure you can get them in the 3 er. I am also going to buy the game. But what we realy need is a guard button and hold position!
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness-Aristotle
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Yep also is it me or can cavalry charge through sqaures if they target something behind them. Also lancers were not used untill soldiers used more than one shot weapons . So it was actually about 25 years after my mistake.
God is not on the side of the big battalions but of the best shots.
A hero is a man that is afraid to run away.

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

A hero is a man afraid to run away.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

It is not just you!

Btw the game ends around 1840 so we still get those lancers in!
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Quote from the interview we did with Pyro Studios:

Also, the game starts in 1789 but can end in 1840 (or even much later if there is no winner)

So it's not specifally 1840, Hurricane. ;)
Les The Lionheart
Captain

So they are going to have revolvers and such like . The great India mutiny also . The charge of the light brigade at Balaclava.

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

Dont think so! But it would have been cool!

To sick, i was not sure so I took a wild guess but I thougt it ended in 1939.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Yep see the rgeatest show of honour and bravery in history . The stand of the highlanders against 4000 cossacks while they in line and the light brigade charging russian guns and their whole army .