Units

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Dutch Soldier
Captain

Units

Post by Dutch Soldier »

In the game we have 5 Great Empires; Great Britain, France, Russia, Prussia and Austria. Every Empire have's it own Infantry and Cavalry. England; black watch. France; Imperial Guard etc.

But what about the smaller Country's/empire's/state's? I was wondering if the dev's have looking at the smaller country's and there Infantry/Cavalry. For example the Batavian Republic. ( Yup, my home land, i am dutch 8) ) They havent the same Infantry as the France Or the English.

I was wondering if the devs have don research for the smaller country's and there Infantry and Cavalry. It will be really cool if we see that the smaller country have's there own Infantry and Cavalry.(differend uniform's)

SO, If you are going to fight against the Batavian Republic you will see Dutch Soldier ( in Dutch Uniform's ) on the battlefields and they are giving commands in Dutch. That will be cooler than Cool. :yes:

Someone know's if the smaller country's have there own special Infantry and Cavalry? :)
saddletank
Soldier

Post by saddletank »

If you stop by the Eidos forums you'll see that Berdan who has been digging around in the files of the demo has found 24 nations and so far been able to make 17 of them playable :)
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Oh oke, thanks :wink: First I must find the links for the Eidos forum :x
Can you give me the link to the thread?
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Thanks :wink: But Berdan is modding the demo, i want to know if also the devs have search for information about the Infantry/Cavarly of the smaller country's. If Berdan can find the Information, so must the devs isnt it? It will be hard to find, but it is possible. I hope in the full game we will see "Dutch Infantry"in the Batavian Republic and "Polish Infantry in Poland. If it isnt, it is not realistic. :cry:
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

I heard that if u conquer the territory of Poland or Batavian Republic it would be possible to recruit there special units and there will be probably specific banners for non-playable nations but I dont think so they would implement native commands.
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Raquiem wrote:I heard that if u conquer the territory of Poland or Batavian Republic it would be possible to recruit there special units and there will be probably specific banners for non-playable nations but I dont think so they would implement native commands.
Oh that will be cool. So there is some realisme in the game :p just kidding. I am looking forward to play this game, because I like this are. :D
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Didn't got the chance to post this before, but you may have already noticed it: we have uploaded the html version of the FAQ, added 2 new artworks and the unit descriptions for the remaining Empires.
Oke, i am getting sick :bash: What the f... is this; Unit description for the remaining Empires. Do you mean that the smaller country's have the same "Standard units"? :cry:
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Makes you feel the game will be too "empty"? Wait till you get to see the tech tree and buildings. :x
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

sick wrote:Makes you feel the game will be too "empty"? Wait till you get to see the tech tree and buildings. :x
Do you mean that the smaller country's have the same "Standard units"?
Buildings are buildings, tech tree is tech tree, i want to know if the smaller country's have the same units :roll: Yes or No :mrgreen:
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Yes. But some have special units as well, and then you have the North African ones that differ too. :)
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

Do you still enjoy the game sick or does it bored you after x days of playing ?

jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

Yes, do tell for all of us that DON'T HAVE THE GAME! :-x :lol:
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

I guess this means he smaller countries have extensive technology trees too. For interesting buildings too I bet.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

hmm same units......... :( But i will buy the game :p
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I don't think this game is ever going to bore me!!
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

I think i can run up to 3-6 months with that game MAYBY LONGER... idk all of it but ive spend like 6 hours getting to know MORE about the game :D ...
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

I will play the game a long time, untill Rome Total War: Barbarion Inavsion will be released, in October. :p
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Oooh, the rome tw expension? cool... hmm 2-3 days till THE day :D
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

EBX says the game will be out tommorow, 1 more day !
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

:cry: Why Why, it is still 3 days untill it will be in the store. (In The Netherlands)