DEMO PROBLEM

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

revolution74
Soldier

DEMO PROBLEM

Post by revolution74 »

A mighty hail!

I've a annoying problem with the demo. I've downloaded it from imperial glory official website and I've played it until some days ago without problems.
Suddenly, when I click on hannover or cirenaica battle, it crashes to the desktop and a pop up tells me that info license are not valid.
In my task manager, at this point, it appears a process called UASERVICE7, that they say is securom related.
Now, if someone can help me, I have some questions:

1)I've never installed securom on my pc. So, why it is on my machine?
2)why I was playing demo without problems and suddenly this trouble is happened to me?
3) May this problem be with the original release of the game too?
My machine has no problem with all kind of softwares, even the most "heavy" and I would play imperial glory with no problems

Thanks to all who would help me
@m
TAFN Staff

Re: DEMO PROBLEM

Post by @m »

revolution74 wrote:
1)I've never installed securom on my pc. So, why it is on my machine?

- it installed together with the demo, it's to make sure pirates aren't already beginning to crack the game before it's out.

2)why I was playing demo without problems and suddenly this trouble is happened to me?

- is there any change that you perhaps did a driver update: video/sound or windows update?

3) May this problem be with the original release of the game too?

- probably not as that code is more finetuned and tested
revolution74
Soldier

Post by revolution74 »

thank you for your answer!

Yes, I've downloaded some patches from windows update and now i've uninstalled them. But problem remains. It seems that I'm the only one with this problem :(
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

Very interesting. It looks like your copy of the demo started acting like a downloadable game that uses an online license system instead of a cd-rom disk check. Perhaps you bumped into some code was built into the game .exe that hint at future distribution types....

I play a baseball game (Out Of The Park) that uses this system. Perhaps not coincidentally, OOTP's game developer has recently joined Sport Interactive Inc, which itself is part of Eidos- who are also the producers of Imperial Glory. That game (OOTP) is downloaded and installed from the internet, but the actual game license that is needed to run the exe must be downloaded and installed on the hard drive from a seperate secure server. Each time the game is started the game executable checks for the game licence on the hard drive using a A License Control Service program (LicCtrl System in my windows XP services list)

If you haven't tried it, fully unintall the demo, reboot your system and reinstall the game fresh.

But even if that doesn't work, I'm relatively certain that this is a isolated problem with the demo and would not be replicated in the full game release version.

Edit: If you haven't looked up UAService7.exe see this...
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory ... /index.php
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startup ... -8046.html
This service appears to be part of cd-rom disk check emulation software like Alcohol.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

I had Problems So I just uninstalled it and reinstalled It.
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.