I watched the 3 movies

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Isledall
Lieutenant

I watched the 3 movies

Post by Isledall »

those 3 movies convinced me to buy the game... with help of the demo.
ok ok I would like to see more fluff in the game... as I just love the extra stuff....

I was happy to hear that in those movies the French gave commands in their own language... it was a joy to hear..
but there was own thing I would like to have removed and that is that irritating English voice in the battle... 'you are winning etc.."

now if it was in French .. (maybe with an english subtitel somewhere, for some people) it would keep me in my dreamworld.. immersed..? anyway..

I guess .. I hope it can be fixed with an empty ogg file or with one of you Frenchies recording those phraises in French... and make a wav or ogg
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

and forgot .. I also was stunned how easy it is for some to mod this game... and that means there will be lots more to come just like in my favourite game SHIII atm..

still I have not won the game as Austrians :mrgreen:

oh well...
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

I dont think it will be so easy to mod the full game...
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness-Aristotle
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Not everything will be modable right from the start (some files probably need to be cracked.)
Of course the "You are winning the battle" sound can be removed, as well can the subtitle. However, since the game supports multiple languages (Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish) you can as well change the sounds in any language you like. :)
Silkysnoop
Soldier

Post by Silkysnoop »

Yeah the videos are awesome. Im also glad they gave commands in their own language too.
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

YA thats so f#*$@% awsome, i like the french commands and stuff, Viva la France!! and Resistance!! i think i will learn some french outa it, and the game in general is so perfect for me, i love history and ive even been in Waterloo (had a great time there) Study-ed Napoleon and stuff, his tactics will make me a great leader.. i hope :?
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

sick wrote:Not everything will be modable right from the start (some files probably need to be cracked.)
Of course the "You are winning the battle" sound can be removed, as well can the subtitle. However, since the game supports multiple languages (Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish) you can as well change the sounds in any language you like. :)
U mean that I would be able to hear instead of "You are winning the battle !" something like "Czeka cię pewna wygrana !" ? :)
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

I also like that they are giving commands in there own langauge, that is really cool. You are winning the battle, in Dutch:"Je bent het gevecht aan het winnen."
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

For some reason I think English sounds cooler than Dutch, at least in most occasions. It just doesn't sound as exiting as in English. :|
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

tom, can you imagine...i actualy saw the movies as well 8) :mrgreen:
good job mate.

i dont remember if i told you before :x
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

English sounds cooler then Dutch in movie's and Games and stuff... i agree, but we have to live with the Dutch language (hunter/sick/Dutch Soldier) and millions more!! lol
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

hunter wrote:English sounds cooler then Dutch in movie's and Games and stuff... i agree, but we have to live with the Dutch language (hunter/sick/Dutch Soldier) and millions more!! lol
Lol :lol: Maybe we hear our langauge if we are attacking The Batavian Republic. (Playing France, attacking The Batavian Republic)
"Ahhh, daar zijn de kikkers weer, tijd om ze terug in de sloot in te schieten" :lol:
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

I think those frogs will survive the Dutch Horde .. lol

now the Dutch naval fleet that would be a different matter...

and I doubt it that you will hear foreign commands on the battlefield issued to the enemy troops....

but when the Dutch are made playable with a mod.. then a Dutch voice over can be done :) and it does not sound THAT terrible...

afijn... the English language remarks you are winning or loosing a battle will have to be altered into the language of the nation or removed.... atleast that will be the first thing on my agenda....

funny thing is that the person who wrote the review of Imperial Glory also found that very irritating as well as the camera use... and I do agree... and like him I cannot wait till next week....